Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks,

I am a Gulf Coast Scubaboarder & some friends of mine & I are going to be making a trip over to the East Coast to do some diving & to also visit the Blue Heron Bridge in mid June. Has anyone heard of the Hotel Paradise or Patio Island Resort Cottages on Singer Island. Looking for any info on where to stay & what the area is like. I would also like to extend an invitation to anyone who would like to join us for a dive at the bridge. I've heard & seen great pics from there but have never been there myself so it would be great to have some veterans along with us! Thanks in advance for any info or help you can provide. :)

I am interested to hear vis reports over the next week or so. I noticed today the dredge that has been parked in the inlet has started pumping sand from the north side of the inlet to the south side. sandy, milk water can be seen flowing from the south jetty past the inlet and to the north for MILES. I would bet that water will flow into the inlet on the incoming. regulars, could you post reports? I will do so also

Both of those places are mediocre at best. There is a Super8 in North Palm that is a little nicer. There is also the typical Hilton/Marriott and such on Singer Island.
Hi Folks,

I am a Gulf Coast Scubaboarder & some friends of mine & I are going to be making a trip over to the East Coast to do some diving & to also visit the Blue Heron Bridge in mid June. Has anyone heard of the Hotel Paradise or Patio Island Resort Cottages on Singer Island. Looking for any info on where to stay & what the area is like. I would also like to extend an invitation to anyone who would like to join us for a dive at the bridge. I've heard & seen great pics from there but have never been there myself so it would be great to have some veterans along with us! Thanks in advance for any info or help you can provide. :)

Both of those places are mediocre at best. There is a Super8 in North Palm that is a little nicer. There is also the typical Hilton/Marriott and such on Singer Island.
I like both the Hilton and Marrriot on Singer..Hilton around $120 per night summer...Marriott a bit higher end and with awesome restaurant in its own right for those that care about this.
The Homewood Suites on Donald Ross ( 12-15 minutes ways from BHB) has good room rates, and free breakfast and free buffet dinners for divers.....also free beer--Mon-thurs....

The Patio Island Resort Cottages are pet friendly and not many in the area mentioned are. If that matters to some.

I like both the Hilton and Marrriot on Singer..Hilton around $120 per night summer...Marriott a bit higher end and with awesome restaurant in its own right for those that care about this.
The Homewood Suites on Donald Ross ( 12-15 minutes ways from BHB) has good room rates, and free breakfast and free buffet dinners for divers.....also free beer--Mon-thurs....

If they are going to consider going up to Donald Ross, I'd stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Good rates, free breakfast, and half a block to the beach.

If they are going to consider going up to Donald Ross, I'd stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Good rates, free breakfast, and half a block to the beach.

Don't disagree there either. But it is up in Juno Beach at Donald Ross. Still pretty easy to go down US1 to 703, turn left and take the back way to BHB. Pleasant drive...

I am interested to hear vis reports over the next week or so. I noticed today the dredge that has been parked in the inlet has started pumping sand from the north side of the inlet to the south side. sandy, milk water can be seen flowing from the south jetty past the inlet and to the north for MILES. I would bet that water will flow into the inlet on the incoming. regulars, could you post reports? I will do so also

Does anyone have a report from this weekend?? I'm feeling kinda hooky.

Water chilly....vis poor last night.... I am thinking the marine construction by Riviera marina, or dredging somewhere.
Those with a science background should start talking about coming up with a means to measure the "average" turbidity and silt content of in the hour before high tide, the hour of, and the hour after...and then being capable of delivering a documentation of CHANGE that is occurring when marine construction projects or dredging begin to compromise the environment of the BHB. Since the County of Palm Beach is now officially reconizing and paying in to a yearly campaign to Market diving in Palm Beach ( for the first time--this to start this summer)--it means the County will be allied with our interests as divers, in protecting the environment of the BHB. Of course, Marine construction also has those in the County Government behid it, but at least we will have representation for the first time, always there to lobby on our behalf.... Bringing back my point....WE, the divers, need to take the initiative to scientifically measure the turbidity levels daily or weekly, so that future damages can be mitigated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom