Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, bout the size of a Ping pong ball vs the chic pea sized sponge bobs we have seen.
Seems like a transitional time there as the water get cold and and new cast of characters show up.
Speaking of characters, when are you coming back down?
John

Sorta starting to ponder another trip down, but that bad taste continues to linger. Could have been down there this week, but couldn't get up for it. We'll see. Turns out there's another tennis bum lurking on the forum who lives down that way, so, if nothing else, I'll be drawn down to drive him crazy, along with some other new tennis friends I've made recently up in the Stuart/Hobe Sound area.

I'm stumped about that giraffe-suited thing. The ping pong ball sized sponge bobs I've seen were dark gray, and the golf ball sized ones have been green. Pretty certain that these - including the tiny orange ones - have been buffalo trunkfish. I've never seen a juvie cowfish, but have seen a pic or two of them from the bridge, none that young I don't think. The one that comes to mind had some really sharp little horns on it. Don't recall its coloration. Would love to see some of the shaking video. :D Have also been fascinated by the extreme color variations I've seen with the male pikeblennies. Missed them my last trip down - and I looked *hard* for them.

http://reefguide.org/pixhtml/spottedtrunk5.html looks a bit similar. . .

---------- Post added December 26th, 2013 at 08:45 PM ----------

Considering BHB today. If there are a bunch of Man O Wars on he beach in Jupiter, do they come in the inlet to sting me at BHB? Opinions?

IMG_3038wcrre | Flickr - Photo Sharing! I've seen em washed up on the beach there a couple of times, but never in the water. I try not to think about them. :) Oh, wait. I take that back. http://www.flickr.com/photos/760426...DEP-bDrZ5f-bSnADP-bSpomD-bDuJRy-bSnF2H-bSpkck

Careful, I hear that tennis bum down this way is really a northerner in disguise....

Careful, I hear that tennis bum down this way is really a northerner in disguise....

Nah, ancient history ... A while back, JCat told me that I'm a Southerner now, and as such must join the secession movement, when the day comes ...:wink:

Sheesh!!! Was at the bridge today. High tide 3:17. Got there at 1:37, and already front row filled and second row filling fast. Lots and lots of divers and classes. Vis decent till classes descended upon wherever we were..
A special :mad: shout out to the female who found what I was looking at and motioned her photographer friend over to start shooting as I was patiently waiting for my friends.. Geesh, let the person who found the critter first have first chance to shoot.. and don't be pushing your way in.. Cripes. have some respect.

Friggin' classes all over the top of each other.. if it's this crowded in December on a week day, I can only imagine a weekend in the summer.. :shakehead:

Oh, otherwise a good dive. My camera was acting wonky, so I didn't get the shot of the pipefish and a few other neat critters. When it finally started to cooperate, it was the end of the dive. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Sheesh!!! Was at the bridge today. High tide 3:17. Got there at 1:37, and already front row filled and second row filling fast. Lots and lots of divers and classes. Vis decent till classes descended upon wherever we were..
A special :mad: shout out to the female who found what I was looking at and motioned her photographer friend over to start shooting as I was patiently waiting for my friends.. Geesh, let the person who found the critter first have first chance to shoot.. and don't be pushing your way in.. Cripes. have some respect.

Friggin' classes all over the top of each other.. if it's this crowded in December on a week day, I can only imagine a weekend in the summer.. :shakehead:

Oh, otherwise a good dive. My camera was acting wonky, so I didn't get the shot of the pipefish and a few other neat critters. When it finally started to cooperate, it was the end of the dive. Oh well. Maybe next time.

I don't want to hear it;( I'm IP here in Alabama in the cold, rain and gloom any you're complaining about diving.
Too bad about missing the shot. Better luck next time. I do always enjoy seeing your pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

How come I'm not feeling better?? LOL.. photos were so-so at best and not post worthy...

I don't want to hear it;( I'm IP here in Alabama in the cold, rain and gloom any you're complaining about diving.
Too bad about missing the shot. Better luck next time. I do always enjoy seeing your pictures.

I'm gonna dive there tomorrow so I can post a pic for poor traveler.
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm gonna dive there tomorrow so I can post a pic for poor traveler.
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot. At least it brings back good memories of warmer times.

I was down on the 8th and did a solo dive. I post some of my pictures later.

blavelt, get there early for parking. :ijs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom