Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a boat hit the small bridge, but never a diver. Typical concerns at BHB include sunburn, bums, thieves, and having too good of a time. I've gotten sunburned there twice, called 911 about 1 bum so drunk he couldn't stand up in the road, and had 1 thug threaten to run me over while on the phone, yelling to his friend about the dumb "cracker," but that's about it.

Carry a flag, stay out of the channel, and the risk is probably very low. Hundreds of people dive there safely every day.

Star of our dive Sunday.
Found elusive juvenile giraffe trunkfish.....
EPIC!
Whatever it's actual name may be, it was another first for us at BHB!
Very much a player but sadly I was shaking so hard at this point due to acute hypothermia the video is tough to bear.....
(even if someone where willing to edit it)
Proper id's would be welcome as I don't see it in book or apps (yeah, team Casey)
Great dive despite sub optimal conditions.
John

Did y'all really see that thing at the bridge?? Dang!

Ok but you got a lot of boat traffic around that bridge .... Anyone been hit by a prop diving there?

Never heard of anyone getting hit. Boats have to go very slow in that area. Give it a shot seems as safe as a drift dive in the open ocean.

Considering BHB today. If there are a bunch of Man O Wars on he beach in Jupiter, do they come in the inlet to sting me at BHB? Opinions?

I plan to give it a shot today. Will provide conditions after the dive. Not sure what to wear. I have lavacore and a 5mm. Will bring them both and maybe take a dip and see.

Djtimmy, I have not seen a man o war problem at the bridge, be interesting to hear what you see.

Jon, I guess it depends on how easily you get cold. I'm a weenie.. so the 5mm would be my choice.

Did y'all really see that thing at the bridge?? Dang!
Yes, bout the size of a Ping pong ball vs the chic pea sized sponge bobs we have seen.
Seems like a transitional time there as the water get cold and and new cast of characters show up.
Speaking of characters, when are you coming back down?
John

---------- Post added December 26th, 2013 at 11:48 AM ----------

Djtimmy, I have not seen a man o war problem at the bridge, be interesting to hear what you see.

Jon, I guess it depends on how easily you get cold. I'm a weenie.. so the 5mm would be my choice.

In fairness to your weenie status it should be pointed out the bulk of the 3+ hour dive is spent barely moving.
We moved extra slow looking for the micro nudies but a lot of their preferred hydroids were gone.
Did find a super bright yellow male pike blenny in a tube worm casing.
Shy rascal compared to breeding display antics last year.
John
pinnacle 5 ml with hooded vest=cold at 2 hour mark, chattering teeth at 3 hour mark.

My out of town visitors decided to stay longer than expected (which is great) so I didn't make it to the bridge.

We saw7-8 Man o War on the beach at BHB last winter I think. Between the west entry and the LG stand. The lifeguard once said that with a SE wind stuff comes in the inlet and straight to BHB. Nearly all we saw were on the beach--1 or 2 in the water............no stings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom