Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reports on conditions at the bridge? How is the vis? Anyone thinking of giving it a try this weekend?

I was at the bridge Thursday afternoon doing a rescue class. We were one of only three groups out there. Vis was decent like 30 ft at best. Nice schools of mullets to swim through. They were blocking out the sun and making it pitch black; really fun to watch when I was playing the "victim".

I just called Force E and they heard the viz is 10 ft today with whitecap waves. The forecast for tomorrow is good though. According to Weather Underground tomorrow(Monday) has a 30% chance of showers with a high temp in the mid 80's. AND, I hope some diving is in the forecast too!

Sandra and i rode our bikes down A1A this morning, to Annies dock ( extreme north end of Palm Beach Island, right at the Lake worth Inlet)...We wer close to high tide, and the sand being transported in to the inlet from the ENORMOUS WAVES has the vis at the dock down to maybe 6 feet....and this area should have better vis than BHB.
The waves were so big, and the beach not just eroded, but gone in some places---at one area along A1A, Sandra actually got hit by a wave.. I don't mean just a little spray...she got hammered :)
Speed on bikes heading north averaged 16 mph....no point in fighting a 30 mph headwind....When we headed back south from Annies dock, the 2 of us averaged between 25 and 32 mph, depending on where we were, and the traffic :)

Guess its time to breakout the dry suit....looking forward to a nice dive tomorrow as I've been dry for 4 days now....4 days dry, do I need scuba review? :D:D:D

Sandra and i rode our bikes down A1A this morning,

Finally got to meet Sandra on my last trip to the bridge about six weeks ago. No shortage of enthusiasm there. :D Ran across her under water a time or two, too. She showed me a nudi she was shooting that would require a microscope to actually "see".

I was excited to get to point out to *her* the cool plumed scorpionfish I had seen "walking" on his pectorals. (Only the second time I had ever seen one, and the other was on that same trip - and it was also "walking"). It hurt my feelings terribly when she failed to react with excitement - until I remembered this photo of hers: Blue Heron Bridge Marine Park I guess they have to have their own nudi's on their plumes to get Sandra interested. :D Still haven't crossed paths with Dan.

Kevin

Maribi and I plan to be at the night dive tonight unless we hear from Force E that they are cancelling due to poor vis. The weather is certainly perfect at least for now.

Jim and Dan and Sandra, hope to see you there!

Maribi and I plan to be at the night dive tonight unless we hear from Force E that they are cancelling due to poor vis. The weather is certainly perfect at least for now.

Jim and Dan and Sandra, hope to see you there!

Sandra and I just rode the bikes to the north end of the Island again, to Annies dock at the inlet....at high tide, vis was LESS than 5 feet...there is a milky whitish cast, and silt in the water...We also saw sonme BIG schools of baitfish along the area of the Breakers Resort and public beach..in 4 foot deep water no less, but diving will stink today... Hope for a big North current and gulfstream intrusion to clean up all the silt....Otherwise I am guessing late tuesday to wednesday before we have any decent vis....
So a NO to us being at the BHB tonight :D
Maybe we will see you guys on the weekend dives....

Dan,

Thanks for the update. We will cancel out as well. I am always the optimist but the seas were certainly terrible for five days running so no surprise that the silt has not settled out yet.

The tides look good for the weekend. By the way, if things clear up and baitball action is good please let us know if you line up a charter or need people to be on the boat any day this week, as I can shake loose from work this week for diving.

Maribi and I have a goal of 60 dives this year, so we need to get cracking (only at 45 so far)!!

Just called Force E and they are looking at the viz in a few minutes to decide if tonight's dive is going to be cancelled. We should know before 5 PM

Last edited:
Hello my name is joel I am interested in diving Blue Heron Bridge I will be there on nov. 4 , If there is someone or a group diving I would like to tag along thanks. I am from Augusta Ga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom