Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my name is joel I am interested in diving Blue Heron Bridge I will be there on nov. 4 , If there is someone or a group diving I would like to tag along thanks. I am from Augusta Ga.
Joel,
hi tide on the 4th is 4:29 PM. I won't be diving the bridge that late on a Friday but I'm sure you'll find lots of eager "trolls" willing to guide you.
I'd recommend being in the water about an hour before hi tide to get the most time for your dive.
A dive of 60-120 minutes is not unusual with an AL 80, so bring you exposure suit (3 mil or 5 will still work depending on how cold you dive).
Enjoy the bridge it is a natural treasure.

I'm in Florida now and stopped by Force E earlier. Then I went and looked at the water around 1:00pm. Yeah, vis was maybe 5-8 ft. We'll see if the night dive is still on but I'm doubting it. I dive in this type of vis quite often up in the NW so I don't know what's holding people back...:wink:

If anybody is diving this site or doing a charter any week day, let me know, I'd like to tag along if you don't mind. I brought my gear and UW camera rig so I'm anxious to dive.

Finally got to meet Sandra on my last trip to the bridge about six weeks ago. No shortage of enthusiasm there. :D Ran across her under water a time or two, too. She showed me a nudi she was shooting that would require a microscope to actually "see".

I was excited to get to point out to *her* the cool plumed scorpionfish I had seen "walking" on his pectorals. (Only the second time I had ever seen one, and the other was on that same trip - and it was also "walking"). It hurt my feelings terribly when she failed to react with excitement - until I remembered this photo of hers: Blue Heron Bridge Marine Park I guess they have to have their own nudi's on their plumes to get Sandra interested. :D Still haven't crossed paths with Dan.

Kevin

What a spectactular photo Sandra. Dan and Sandra what an excellent site. I can't imagine how I missed the nudi pictures. Thanks for the link Kevin.

I'm in Florida now and stopped by Force E earlier. Then I went and looked at the water around 1:00pm. Yeah, vis was maybe 5-8 ft. We'll see if the night dive is still on but I'm doubting it. I dive in this type of vis quite often up in the NW so I don't know what's holding people back...:wink:

If anybody is diving this site or doing a charter any week day, let me know, I'd like to tag along if you don't mind. I brought my gear and UW camera rig so I'm anxious to dive.
I'll be at the bridge Friday. PM me if you'd like to dive that morning. Hi tide is 10:19, and I like to be in the water about 45 to 60 minutes before hi tide.

You have some amazingly colorful pics on yer web sites from out west. How do those critters stay alive in water that cold?? :D

Kevin

What a spectactular photo Sandra. Dan and Sandra what an excellent site. I can't imagine how I missed the nudi pictures. Thanks for the link Kevin.

Thanks Tim and Kevin.
I think Sandra thinks she is in an old Tarzan movie everytime she goes to the bridge....like she is a Big Game hunter, in search of the elusive white Horned Nudibranch, and always on the lookout for charging Frogfish or scorpion fish ready to "strike" :D

WOW, OWWW, what a great video. All we have to worry about at BHB is mad sailboat captains!

Maribi and I plan to do the weekend unless we line up a baitball trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom