Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two and a half hour dive today - went east. Lots of fun stuff, but the highlights for me included a pair of Hairy Blennies "not fighting" and a trio of Blue Dartfish. The blennies were hiding behind some pink sponges, so I could not get a clear shot of them. Did take some video, which I hope will show the activity much better than any stills. That'll have to come later as I'm not much into video editing. Good fun under the bridge today (well, out in front of the bridge anyway).

FL_140811_1172.jpg

FL_140811_1254.jpg

So there not extinct:D
Thanks

Had one of those bridge overload moments today. I was drifting between the pilings and furthest west bridge abutment (that we can dive, anyway) and spotted a small hawkfish hiding in a sponge complex. The current was still running just enough to be noticeable, but my camera was already past the optimum angle for the hawkfish. Had to put on the brakes and go into reverse to back up about a yard. Right then, I spotted a Saddled Blenny...
FL_140812_1347.jpg

Got one shot off and he flitted away and I spotted a Sharptail Eel sticking his head out of the sand ...
FL_140812_1350.jpg

Got a few shots off and turned to locate the hawkfish - spotted a hairy blenny that was sitting pretty...
FL_140812_1352.jpg

Never did find the hawkfish again, but did get to spend some time with two different dragonets plus the usual fare for the bridge. While there were a lot of divers at the bridge today, I think I only saw a couple throughout a 2 1/2 hour dive. Back again tomorrow and Thursday.

Had one of those bridge overload moments today. I was drifting between the pilings and furthest west bridge abutment (that we can dive, anyway) and spotted a small hawkfish hiding in a sponge complex. The current was still running just enough to be noticeable, but my camera was already past the optimum angle for the hawkfish. Had to put on the brakes and go into reverse to back up about a yard. Right then, I spotted a Saddled Blenny...

Got one shot off and he flitted away and I spotted a Sharptail Eel sticking his head out of the sand ...

Got a few shots off and turned to locate the hawkfish - spotted a hairy blenny that was sitting pretty...

For me, those moments typically also include a cramp in a calf muscle. :D

contortionists or not fighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom