Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I don't post very often, and when I do it is usually about nudibranchs. But I photographed the long lure frogfish yesterday and it has a damaged chin, and a milky eye. I think it is time to leave the poor thing alone...... On the same note, this week on the east side I have seen a puffer with big white "crusts" almost entirely covering both eyes, and it was not a big old fish. Also a small scorpion fish on the wreck on the southwest side of the east bridge and both eyes are milky. And a dying juvenile French angel. There must be some sort of bacteria affecting the fish, maybe due to the warmer waters, who knows.

Here is an image of the frogfish. You can clearly see the chin, and if you look closely the eye on the right side of the image is milky compared to the one on the left side.

Just my two cents! (Sorry for the huge image, not used to posting images and I can't figure out how to edit it to a smaller size)

Linda

Attachments

• 08152014_041.jpg
    08152014_041.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Not much posting going on, so thought I'd fill some space. These photos are from the last day I dove at BHB (Thu. Aug 14th).

Really small - less than a half inch. Thinking a juvenile Saddled Blenny ???
FL_20140814_1566.jpg

Just gotta love the frogfish... Seen a few over the years, but like this one best.
FL_20140814_1631.jpg

Saw a number of these over the week I was at the bridge.
FL_20140814_1662.jpg

A number of firsts for me, including this Chalk Bass.
FL_20140814_1638.jpg

Lots of scorpionfish - several not fitting the typical Spotted Scorpionfish profile. Plumed Scorpionfish?
FL_20140814_1697.jpg

And lastly, found several decorator crabs over the week - each uniquely camouflaged.
FL_20140814_1684.jpg

I am fairly certain the first picture is a juvenile Razor fish.

Fish was not found in the typical habitat for razor fish (open sand or rubble). This fish was a couple-three feet off the bottom, hiding back in one of the stone mounds on the snorkeling trail.

djtimmy77: Do we typically see Rosy Blennies at the bridge? That is why I kinda lean towards Saddle Blenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom