Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is diving around low tide OK? I will be working in the area this coming week and wouldn't get to the bridge until 6 PM. I don't take pictures, so getting wet would be my primary purpose.

Thanks

Jay

Is diving around low tide OK? I will be working in the area this coming week and wouldn't get to the bridge until 6 PM. I don't take pictures, so getting wet would be my primary purpose.

Thanks

Jay
My wife Sandra often shoots macro from high tide to low tide...and in fact, finds more nudibrancs at low tide....on the otherhand, if you are not keeping your nose in the hydroids , the 10 foot or less viz may not be too exciting.

My wife Sandra often shoots macro from high tide to low tide...and in fact, finds more nudibrancs at low tide....on the otherhand, if you are not keeping your nose in the hydroids , the 10 foot or less viz may not be too exciting.
I think I'll bring my gear. Thanks!

I think I'll bring my gear. Thanks!

If you avoid the higher tidal current areas like the bridges and just stay south off the beach, you will be fine. Take a dive flag!!

Look for one of these Yellow Rays, this one seen Friday is pregnant--see the humps on both sides left and right of the centerline.
IMG_7099.jpgYou could see a live birth!

I hear there's been a school of juvenile manta rays swimming around. Any other sightings?

I hear there's been a school of juvenile manta rays swimming around. Any other sightings?

They were mobula rays - but Yes! Yesterday a school swam through on the east side. There is a photo on the BHBDC page on FB. I ran into Maggie from Force E after the dive. Her class of brand-new OW students saw them. Talk about spoiled for life!

I just got a new close-up diopter so have been on a bit of a fun learning curve. Here are a few pics from my last couple of dives. I have to report that water temps have dropped. I had 81 on my Suunto yesterday - someone else reported 79. But enough so it's noticeable. I was freezing in my 3mm. After about two hours, I found myself swimming in circles, just being cold. Time for more neoprene! (ugh)

DSC07254.jpg DSC07246.jpg DSC07238.jpg DSC07215.jpg DSC07161.jpg DSC07166.jpg

Don't know what yesterday was like like but today was one of those really nice days. :)

Any viz reports yesterday or today? Thinking about going tomorrow afternoon but want to know if it is clear before we trek up there.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom