Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. Turtle Grass Anemone; Viatrix globulifera

FL_20140923_1012.jpg

Also, if you look for them on night dives they must fill their tentacles with water or something and actually look like an anemone.

Nice. I've never seen a turtle there.
Went west yesterday and had a nice dive.View attachment 195363[/Qu

OTE]

My wife saw one a year ago or so and missed this one. I had never seen one at the bridge either until yesterday!! We also saw 2 Southern rays. Crappy viz, but a nice dive anyway!:cool2:

Help identify??

I dove the bridge the other week with a guide from Pura Vida and had an awesome/eye-opening experience. I'm still trying to learn all the different types of marine life and was hoping someone might be able to help me out with the following images. I'll take a shot, but please correct me if I'm wrong :)

image1.jpg
Anemone

image2.jpg
Batfish

image3.jpg
Blenny?

image4.jpg
Is there a specific name for this coral?

image5.jpg
Sharptail eel

image6.jpg
Scorpion Fish

image7.jpg
Odd looking stingray?

image8.jpg
Small moray eel

image9.jpg
?

1. Tube Dwelling Anemone
2. Batfish - likely a Shortnose Batfish, Ogcocephalus nasutus
3. Jawfish - hard to say, but likely a Banded Jawfish, Opistognathus macrognathus
4. Telesto - a gorgonian; possibly Orange Telesto, Telesto fruticulosa. Interested in others' thoughts on this.
5. Yes, a Sharptail Eeel, Myrichtys breviceps
6. Yes, likely a Spotted Scorpionfish, Scorpaena plumieri
7. Horseshoe Crab - Limulus polyphemus
8. Hard to say from photo, but may be a Chestnut Moray, Enchelycore carychroa
9. Yellowline Arrow Crab, Stenorhynchus seticornis

Thoughts/opinions on how this will affect BHB?

Port plans emergency dredging Tuesday | www.palmbeachdailynews.com

Port plans emergency dredging Tuesday
A contractor with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is scheduled to begin dredging by noon, according to Port spokeswoman Julie Houston Trieste. The contractor will operate over a 24-hour period to complete the maintenance work, which involves lights and noise, she said.
The Lake Worth Inlet has experienced severe shoaling over the past several weeks, prompting the Palm Beach Pilots’ Association to issue draft restrictions last week. Boats can’t sink below 25 feet in some areas.
Contractors, who will be working east of Peanut Island, plan to bring the inlet closer to its advertised 33-foot mean low water depth.
Port officials said the emergency dredge should fix the shoaling problem until the Corps’ annual maintenance dredge this spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom