Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Tube Dwelling Anemone
2. Batfish - likely a Shortnose Batfish, Ogcocephalus nasutus
3. Jawfish - hard to say, but likely a Banded Jawfish, Opistognathus macrognathus
4. Telesto - a gorgonian; possibly Orange Telesto, Telesto fruticulosa. Interested in others' thoughts on this.
5. Yes, a Sharptail Eeel, Myrichtys breviceps
6. Yes, likely a Spotted Scorpionfish, Scorpaena plumieri
7. Horseshoe Crab - Limulus polyphemus
8. Hard to say from photo, but may be a Chestnut Moray, Enchelycore carychroa
9. Yellowline Arrow Crab, Stenorhynchus seticornis

Awesome! Thanks! I'm still baffled that #7 was a crab :confused:

Awesome! Thanks! I'm still baffled that #7 was a crab :confused:

Despite their common name, the horseshoe crab isn't really a crab at all. Related to scorpions, ticks and land spiders, they have their own classification (class Merostomata).

They have been around for millions of years and have evolved very little. Actually pretty fascinating creatures!

We were among the few diving last night at BHB probably due to the 9 inch rainfall at the bridge the day before! Surprise, Surprise--the vis was ok! Temp 82 and down to 81 later in the dive. We went west and I tried to shoot one of the many shrimp I saw, a nice Sea Robin, and a buried Stargazer--Imagine if all these hunters came together at one place at one time. IMG_7072.jpgIMG_7077.jpgIMG_7086.jpg
There was SOOOoo much fresh water flowing south after the tide changed, it was sorta blinding! As though you couldn't focus your eyes! And the temp dropped several degrees--then when we went by the bridge pier on the west corner where the flow is heaviest--the temp instantly went back up!! We felt like we had already had a fresh water shower--no need to rinse gear or us!

The shimmering was intense. I couldn't see the view finder on my camera, it was just a blur of light.

I'm a new diver, as well as new to South Florida, and was told to check this thread out. I'm interested in diving at BHB, how often do you all go diving there?

I'm a new diver, as well as new to South Florida, and was told to check this thread out. I'm interested in diving at BHB, how often do you all go diving there?

Quick question--why are you wearing fins if you are going to play sponge diver and walk on the bottom?

I apologize, I wasn't aware of the seriousness of this. I'm a (very) new diver, and am learning new and valuable lessons every day, including a great appreciation of everything below the surface of the ocean.

Last edited:
I apologize, I wasn't aware of the seriousness of this. I'm a (very) new diver, and am learning new and valuable lessons every day, including a great appreciation of everything below the surface of the ocean.

One of the best lessons learned :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom