Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to DJTimmy I can cope now!

Attachments

• cocilated_grass_shrimp.jpg
    cocilated_grass_shrimp.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
^^ a shrimp of some sort?

Here is a pair of Juvenile helmet conchs that were trailing until my lights encouraged the lead conch to bury....

Attachments

• Trailing_juvenile_helmet_conchs.jpg
    Trailing_juvenile_helmet_conchs.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Everyone was out looking for cool stuff that night, including this Sailfin blenny.
Up way past curfew....

Attachments

• Sailfin_Blenny.jpg
    Sailfin_Blenny.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 225
Nice sponge.. :)

Sparkly_black_shag_carpet_flatworm.jpg

Tough to get any black, cryptic critters but here is a flatworm of the black shag carpet (with sparkles) variety

---------- Post added April 9th, 2015 at 09:40 AM ----------

Key_worm_Eel.jpg

Coolest thing for me, this tiny eel.
Thought it was the elusive Key Worm Eel but that never gives me more than a split second look.
This beauty stayed out feeding under the full moon unfazed by lights and hunted actively.
Any ID guesses are welcome

---------- Post added April 9th, 2015 at 09:42 AM ----------

Long_shot_key_worm_eel.jpg

Another look

---------- Post added April 9th, 2015 at 12:39 PM ----------

Thought it might be a juvenile sharp tail eel (looking at the pictures) because it has a similar "face" in picture 1....
Probably 10-12 inches long.

Hi all...

I beg your indulgence. I hope this is the correct thread. Since there are almost 800 pages, I can't even guess where to read to know for sure.

In July, I'm traveling from Daytona to Key Largo for a few days of diving. I thought it would be interesting to stop and dive the bridge. On July 20th (monday), high tide is noon, perfect timing for me! However, I simply refuse to pay $100 extra for a dive guide from Force-E. I'm sure those are reasonable rates, but they are above my threshold of pain.

Would this thread be a good place to find a dive buddy (who has dove the bridge before)?

Thanks,

Jeff from Oregon

You have come to the right place. Several people on here have the ability to dive mid day during the week (not me) and some are willing to buddy up with new people.

The primary advantage having a guide is seeing a LOT of critters. Jeff or Mark at Force E Riviera Beach just down from the bridge on Blue Heron are excellent instructors and guides. Scuba Jenny here on SB (she posted recently above) also guides! Or, simply show up at BHB 2 or 3 hours before hi tide on your day and talk to folks there-many will be students in groups, so ignore those and find some old salts, without big cameras probably; as many photogs work alone, and ask! There is a map of the snorkel trail on the beach near the lifeguard stand. All else failing, get in about an hour before hi tide just west of the marked swimmin' area and go south to the rocks, ie., snorkel trail, then choose to go east or west--then about 20 minutes or so before hi tide head northwest if going west. OR head NE if you went east on the trail. There is MUCH more trail going east than west. Have Fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom