Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lemme know how you like em.. It might be a cheap alternative till mine is found, or I can afford another..

I know the Inon (and some others) are expensive, which is why I don't have any. :) It is my hope that this will be a decent cheap solution although probably not as good optically. Is there any difference in how the lenses are made--any difference for uw or above water use? I am guessing they will focus in different ways. Anyway I am hoping I can zoom out to 90mm or so and focus at less than 18 inches or thereabouts.

The high dollar diopters are usually multiple, coated optics, sometimes with gas sandwiched in between. They work on land or UW.

Last edited:
Jenny
Hope you or some kind soul finds it for you.
Found a number of high price diopters, go pros and various kit that we have always turned in to Force E.
Either they are doing a huge e bay business or we are building good karma.
Will wish send some your way!
Kevin: sub atomic vision is no substitute for knowing which way that slope runs.....
will concede I've seen it shift axis on stronger tides.
:)
John

Kevin: sub atomic vision is no substitute for knowing which way that slope runs.....
will concede I've seen it shift axis on stronger tides.
:)
John

Interestingly, the viz was so good this past weekend that I was able to figure out what was going on with our "slope" issues. There *is* a much more "gradual" slope that runs sorta north-south a little to the east of the *actual* slope where, at the base of which, you showed me all the cool stuff a few years ago.

Really needed you on Saturday when I tried to video an apparently recently molted spongy decorator crab in the process of redecorating. https://www.flickr.com/photos/mentalblock/sets/72157651599923083 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D9TCI5X6nE

IMG_0325a spongy decorator crab.jpg

Back in Switzerland, I am working on my BHB night dive video - here a first draft. https://youtu.be/A_xoV7oVbXo I have difficulties identifying the critters, I know I have a banded jawfish, scorpionfish, batfish and a spongy decorator crab - but what are the others? Can you help? Thanks a lot!

Sany

Wow! That was quite a dive! Here is my best shot. A few of them are best guesses.

0:19 Yellow Stingray
0:23 Red-Tipped Fireworm
0:27 Jawfish - Likely a Banded Jawfish
0:43 Flounder - Best guess is a Spotfin Flounder base on dorsal configuration, but lacks the spots...
0:51 Bandtail Puffer
0:57 Spotted Scorpionfish
1:09 Doctorfish
1:15 Yellowline Arrow Crab
1:22 Banded Coral Shrimp
1:27 Common Octopus
1:39 Highhat - Juvenile
1:48 Parrotfish - best guess is a Stoplight Parrotfish, but ???
1:51 Polka-Dot Batfish
2:08 Sailfin Blenny out for a stroll - nice catch!
2:20 Spongy Decorator Crab
2:33 Bearded Fireworm
2:41 Dwarf Frogfish
2:49 Squat Shrimp (Sexy Shrimp)
2:57 Variegated Urchin
3:15 Cushion Sea Star
3:21 Back to a Yellow Stingray

Good way of showing what the bridge has to offer...

Why do people insist on harassing critters like this. I was almost enjoying the video, but it got out of hand with the night dive section. Sigh. Can't people just watch and enjoy without poking, prodding and pushing?
Calm the hell down... Picking up a hermit crab for 2 seconds isn't going to kill him.

11313038_10100177575610946_1592865784735371532_o.jpg

Wow! That was quite a dive! Here is my best shot. A few of them are best guesses.

0:19 Yellow Stingray
0:23 Red-Tipped Fireworm
0:27 Jawfish - Likely a Banded Jawfish
0:43 Flounder - Best guess is a Spotfin Flounder base on dorsal configuration, but lacks the spots...
0:51 Bandtail Puffer
0:57 Spotted Scorpionfish
1:09 Doctorfish
1:15 Yellowline Arrow Crab
1:22 Banded Coral Shrimp
1:27 Common Octopus
1:39 Highhat - Juvenile
1:48 Parrotfish - best guess is a Stoplight Parrotfish, but ???
1:51 Polka-Dot Batfish
2:08 Sailfin Blenny out for a stroll - nice catch!
2:20 Spongy Decorator Crab
2:33 Bearded Fireworm
2:41 Dwarf Frogfish
2:49 Squat Shrimp (Sexy Shrimp)
2:57 Variegated Urchin
3:15 Cushion Sea Star
3:21 Back to a Yellow Stingray

Good way of showing what the bridge has to offer...

You missed one of my favorites. Stargazer 3:00

Back in Switzerland, I am working on my BHB night dive video - here a first draft. https://youtu.be/A_xoV7oVbXo I have difficulties identifying the critters, I know I have a banded jawfish, scorpionfish, batfish and a spongy decorator crab - but what are the others? Can you help? Thanks a lot!

Sany

That was a quite large squat anemone shrimp! and it was not tucked in a crevice! very nice!

Calm the hell down... Picking up a hermit crab for 2 seconds isn't going to kill him.

True but if it doesn't enhance the video, then Why do it?
I've seen people post stuff that clearly harmed but may not have killed the animal which is not a great criteria for video and may encourage other people to copy that bad behavior.
Shame moderators aren't proactive about that as with Allison's post which I guess was deleted????

Wetlens impressive contribution of names!

Kevin-
If your straying into video I have several hundred hours (including half naked decorator crab adding sponge) that could use editing. Also an arrow crab completely molting if that sweetens the pot:D:D:D
I know you have a high pain thresh hold but.......

Tim
lets get some more K night dive content up for here for Facebook impaired!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom