Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing the same, and I just rent 2 from Force E and bring them back after the a.m. dive. If you want to max your bottom time I would go with 2 tanks. Even a steel 100 that lasted me almost 2 hours was pretty much used up on a single dive. Although the current under the bridge makes that area diveable for only 45-60 minutes, there is a lot of good diving out in the muck and you can easily be 2 hours in the water.

Check with Force E because I don't know if they open at 7:00 or 8:00. 7:00 you might make it OK, 8:00 is too late.

Thanks, Guy,

I emailed them earlier and they said they open at 7 on Saturday, although I note that the website says 6:30 A.M., so it looks like I have a chance to make both dives with my steel 100 (and pony) - more like two and a half hours. :D And, with my custom "mono-pod" that I screw into the bottom of my housing, I can pretty well hold still for most of that time just about anywhere at the bridge.

Kevin

Baby Bump!

I was at PFP before sunrise this morning. I got in around 7:00am, right at high tide. Water temp: 81. I froze in my 1mm!

There were a lot of moon jellies in the water today and viz was so-so. The dive ended with a very pregnant yellow stingray. I think she was in labor but I also think (like humans) their labor can last for hours. I love how she kept whacking her belly. Like she was either reassuring the babies or saying "get these monsters out of me!!" It was near the end of my dive; I stayed with her hoping ... hoping until I was close enough to ooa that I pointed myself towards shore. Maybe someone will get lucky tomorrow morning or night.

Here are my stills from today and a little bit of the video I shot of the baby bump.

babybump.jpg seahorse1.jpg jelly2.jpg jelly1.jpg

[video=youtube;KiFvz18gOF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiFvz18gOF4[/video]

Last edited:
silly stingray has no bouancy control silting up the bottom like that! :D:D

That was a crazy cool vid! wish I could have been there to see it but thanks for posting!!

Dove this morning and as usual had lots of fun. Viz was about 30ish.

I found a set of keys on the bottom. Looked like they'd been there a few days and no vehicle keys, so I'm guessing they came off a boat passing by (nothing anchored within dropping distance)...and of course I couldn't find a Park Ranger to give them to. Anyone missing a set? If so, PM me. They had a couple of distinctive fobs...

Sargassum

Lots of sargassum out there the last couple of days. "Some species have berrylike gas-filled bladders which help keep the fronds afloat to promote photosynthesis." Had become curious about those "bladders".

Kevin

IMG_5366wa.jpg

Know anything about a start time for the pizza thing? TIA

Kevin

Is anyone going to be at the SFUPS pizza thing on Friday before the night dive?

Hope to see some fellow trolls on Friday, and we will be staying over and diving the morning tide as well.

Guy

We did the night dive last night, was a lot of fun just moseying around. We didn't bring the camera along this time so we could give full attention to our out of town guests. Pretty much saw the usual suspects, to the delight of our guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom