Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I learned the underwater signal for frogfish! There was actually two of them but this is the best I could get.

Striated Frogfish(?)

I was patiently waiting for a couple of shy garden eels to pop up when a couple from Jacksonville motioned that they found something much more interesting.

Whoaaa,,,,,,,Now there's a pub??

IMG_6174.jpg

V
V
V
V
V
V
V
Naaayyyy,,,,,This is a new eatery in southwest Orlando that I snapped a picture of it's signage. Here's the front sign that faces the main roadway
IMG_6175.jpg

Hi Ari,
Nice coverage of marine life most divers don't get to see.
Is there a part II coming? :)

There is, and thanks again to you and Sandra for the tour!

ConchyJoe:
Ari, Can you share details on your setup? My wife just started using a Flip UltraHD and iTorch Pro3. She is pretty happy with it so far. Awesome video!

Thanks :). I just used a ContourROAM with the SCUBA case. Had a screw in the bottom that I wrapped a boltsnap around so I could clip it off on occasion. No lights (it was only 20ft of water and I was traveling for a conference so luggage was a big constraint). At home I have a 21W HID that I'm starting to play with to try and get lighting right. Will probably make a better reflector for it soon.

Tweetie

Cool find on the yellow blenny Kevin.... I saw a yellow seahorse a couple of years ago: here's an old picture.

seahorse_close_up_bhb_oct_24_2009.JPG

Beautiful, sport. The wifey allowed me a one hour snorkel prior to the drive home on Sunday. It was mostly a bust, but did run into a "sort of" yellow seahorse right before we left for home. :D

IMG_9835wa.jpg

On Saturday, ran into *another* yellow seaweed blenny, this one sort of "out in the open" and very yellow. After he (she?) tired of my photographic efforts, she swam over to what turned out to be the habitat of the "sort of yellow" one I had seen the day before.

IMG_9307wa tweetie.jpg

IMG_9314wa.jpg
IMG_9319wa.jpg

Once into the other habitat, the yellow kind of "toned down", though not to the degree of the other, shy one.

IMG_9338wa.jpg

Kevin

Part II edited and uploaded. Should appear here in a half hour or so:

[vimeo]45199274[/vimeo]

Thanks :). I just used a ContourROAM with the SCUBA case. Had a screw in the bottom that I wrapped a boltsnap around so I could clip it off on occasion. No lights (it was only 20ft of water and I was traveling for a conference so luggage was a big constraint). At home I have a 21W HID that I'm starting to play with to try and get lighting right. Will probably make a better reflector for it soon.

Interesting. We also have a ContourHD, but she had such a problem framing with it since it doesn't have a screen.

Nice lighting. What strobe combination did you use. I'm using 2 Ikelite DS-51 and still don't seem to be able to get enough light. Any suggestions?

Nice lighting. What strobe combination did you use. I'm using 2 Ikelite DS-51 and still don't seem to be able to get enough light. Any suggestions?

Come take a Macro course with us! I am driving down from Atlanta for the one in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom