Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much fun as the bickering is how about some dive reports. I saw a bunch of people attempt to dive the bridge on Friday and it looked like a failed venture. If anyone happens to give it a shot today or tomorrow please report back with a quick blerp. Really want to try tuesday if I can't find a buddy to do a boat dive down south.

Just returned from bhb and peanut island. Snorkeled at peanut viz was not good. But saw a manatee. Launched kayaks from bhb it all looked the same just very cloudy and dirty.

---------- Post added November 25th, 2012 at 05:43 PM ----------

Saw a couple families Carrying around starfish they found. One had three of them walking around. I wonder if next time we can hold the family under the water for the photo op.

Last edited:
Greetings all,

Our next Blue Heron Bridge Night Dive is scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 28th at 6:00 PM.

[INLINE=left]https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc6/211089_368292966598869_1862482146_n.jpg[/INLINE]This is a FREE event, but please contact our Force-E Riviera store to sign up. 561-845-2333

Dive Starts at: 6:55 PM
High Tide: 7:55 PM
End dive at: 8:55 PM

Please have a primary, back up and tank light. All divers must stop by the Force-E Riviera store before the dive to sign a waiver and pick up your parking pass. All divers must show proof of certification.

Each dive group must have a state legal dive flag with a light mounted on top. For your safety, please do not swim under the fishing pier. We don't want anyone to get hooked by fishermen

ALL DIVERS MUST BE OUT OF THE PARK BY 10 PM OR ELSE YOU WILL GET A TICKET!!!

Hope to see you there!

Just returned from bhb and peanut island. Snorkeled at peanut viz was not good. But saw a manatee. Launched kayaks from bhb it all looked the same just very cloudy and dirty.

---------- Post added November 25th, 2012 at 05:43 PM ----------

Saw a couple families Carrying around starfish they found. One had three of them walking around. I wonder if next time we can hold the family under the water for the photo op.

A lot of sea stars can give pretty nasty rashes. Mother Nature may have taught her own lesson.

Rivera Beach Marina this morning at high tide was green, but better then sunday. Offshore the vis was 50'- should be getting better each day!

Last edited:
Dove the Narcosis yesterday and we had very good vis. Quick shout out to them as they run an excellent dive OP and helped me get some bugs! I'm assuming the great vis from off shore will result in much better vis at the bridge for this weekend.

If anyone did an early or late dive wednesday a report would be great. Hoping to catch
the morning high tide on friday if the viz clears up !

Bhb last night. West side viz around 20ish feet. High 70s temp. Large spotted eagle ray.

We also did the bridge last night. It's hard to tell the vis in the dark but most of the time it was great! Force E said divers reported 40 feet on the morning dive, and in places it might have been that. It was well past my lights.

Vis was knocked down a lot in areas by a couple of careless divers, one at least who was taking photos. I was on the upside down wreck using my GoPro when a wall of silt washed over me followed by two divers, one taking pictures. We left the area to get back to clean water.

We saw a lot of Horseshoe Crabs, Sea Robins, a Barracuda, a Flying Gunnard, tons of various crabs, a couple of eels, and the normal critters. I got to see a Star Grazer grab a fish and dive back under the sand, but I wasn't able to turn my GroPro back on fast enough to catch the action - darn!

The temperature was 77 by my computer, the coolest yet for the bridge that we've seen. And it poured just as we were getting in but that didn't cause any problems. I was told after the dive that the winds kicked up hard while we were under water and there were 3 foot waves for a while on the surface. It was still windy when we got out which made us cool down quick so we hurriedly got things back into the car.

Very good dive. Thanks to Force E for sponsoring it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom