Blue Hole RideSharing from Denver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Ron,
Hope you find someone to help you out. Would offer a ride but will have a full load this trip. We are leaving at 11:00 on Friday, hope to get an evening dive in.

Tom

Sorry Ron,

I'm meeting a sailing friend from Portugal that weekend. I would love to have gone. Hopefully sometime this summer. I still need to get a proper wetsuit for the venture.

Mike

Come on you Denver divers!! We need to get Ron down there to work on his buoyancy!!! :rofl3:

Plus his wife is getting tired of his whining.........:rofl3:

ABQdiver:
Come on you Denver divers!! We need to get Ron down there to work on his buoyancy!!! :rofl3:

Plus his wife is getting tired of his whining.........:rofl3:

I hover like a rock! I float like a turd! :mooner:

I was surrounded by Denver Divers this evening, and I doubt that ANY of them have been to BH outside of a class, or to teach with the exception of my Buddy Dan! :shakehead For most all living in Denver Diving is an exercise in Airport navigation and baggage management!

Dan said he can go down on Mothers day weekend, but I doubt many of the ABQ folks or anyone for that matter is willing to plan something then. Kevin, if you can get down that Saturday in May it would be great to hook up. I'm not 100% sure I can skip Mothers day, but it's quite possible. My wife feels my pain! :D

Beach Bunny and I will be down at the Blue Hole that weekend doing instruction with A-1 (May 11-13). I'm doing my AOW with them, which includes Peak Performance Bouyancy.

georoc01:
Beach Bunny and I will be down at the Blue Hole that weekend doing instruction with A-1 (May 11-13). I'm doing my AOW with them, which includes Peak Performance Bouyancy.

Did we meet last night? I have a hard enough time remembering ONE name, let alone Two with one being a SB alias! :D

I did my AOW with Tammy at A1. She did a great job, and maybe we will swim through hoops with you if your class is not too large!

I know a lot of the instructors there, and have dove with many as well as have done all my certification through rescue with them, minus one specialty.

One A1 instructor frequents the board, but she kinda likes to remain anonymous, so I'll let her speak up if she so chooses! :eyebrow:

Hi, I'd like to make a trip back to Blue Hole. That's where I got my Open Water and Advanced Open Water last Nov, and haven't been back. Been in the Caribbean where it's warm :14:. I just bought a new BC (back inflate) and a used reg set, that I just had inspected but haven't dove either yet. I hope to do some time in the pool tomorrow or Sat, depending on availability, to check everything out locally, so can't make it this weekend. I'm going on a Liveaboard in June, and would really like to get at least one weekend of open water diving in before, to fully check out the new kit.

Do any of the motels there accept dogs? I have a Cockapoo, so not a large dog, and she'd be in her crate if I wasn't with her, and I'd plan on taking her to Blue Hole in the car during the day (not leave her alone in the motel). Also, what is the availability of air? My LDS has their own compressor at one of the motels there, but not sure it's available for other than their use with students. Lastly, does anyone know anything about campgrounds there? I really doubt that it would be cost effective to drive my motorhome there for a weekend, since it only gets about 5.5 MPG, :11: but I am curious in case of a longer trip. BTW, I am in Colo Spgs.

There is a very nice campground at the Santa Rosa lake. Air is usually available at the Blue Hole from Stella. As for pets, Ron would say they do because they let me stay. I don't know about the four legged kind.

Does that campground have electrical hook-ups? That's the Lake you go by just before the turn to Blue Hole, correct?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom