Blue Lagoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi folks......... never have gone diving here,,,,was hoping maybe some of you might let me know what it is like,,,,,would be a 4 hour one way day trip from my home.....thanks!

Not sure if it's worth the drive. The water can be very clear if you get there before the students muck it up. Depth is about 25 ft. Water temperature is warm. 80-90's. No fish life at all. Not much to see.

I second that! blue logoon is really for training and that's about it. Underwater looks like the moon surface. I love traveling to different dive sites and thats not one of them. The outside surrounding of the lake is beautiful, but entry into the lake can be a mess.

I enjoy it on weekdays when the cattle herds have not come through. A good place to work on skills but as far as anything to really see there is not much. Several sunken boats and some training platforms. If you look hard you can find what resembles brine shrimp but as stated before .. that is about it.

On negative side saw a copperhead snake one day. Didnt stay in water too long though

Thanks all for the replies and info.. Sounds like I might miss this site for this season.

While I am a t the Lagoon most wkends, I agree that there is not much for you to travel four hrs just to go there. On the other hand, I recall a place called "Clear Springs" (?) just off Terrell (sp?). It was also a 'training' site, but there were fish and the viz was better than the Blue Lagoon. Not to mention that it would probably be a lot closer to you.

Maria

Go to CSSP to see the fish and plant life.

Go to Athens to see stuff sunk under water. Don't waste your time or money going to the lagoon.

Been to all three places.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom