Blue Springs (IN) on May 30th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GTaylor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for anyone that may be interested in diving BS on Saturday, would be able to meet up early in the morning and get 2 or possibly more dives in.

Greg

Sorry guys but I am out this time. Please post conditions if you dive.

I was thinking around 9:30 or 10 if that works for you. Should be able to get more than 2 dives in if we wanted to.

I'll be spending the weekend camping at Blue Springs and would be more than happy to get a couple of dives in with you if y'all don't mind an inexperienced diver tagging along (just got AOW last fall). I'm easy to find - I'll be the pony-tailed gent over with the fine folks from Scuba Unlimited.

You're more than welcome to tag along, we will be at the North beach at around 9. Hopefully the vis will still be good.

I'm not counting on decent vis, though at least it should be better than the last time I was there - kneeling in the winter's worth of muck on the platform during my OW cert dive.

I think we generally hang around the central beach so I'll wander over and see if I can find you.

As expected, warmer weather has resulted in more particulate matter and worsened visibility. I'm not sure if it is atypical for this time of year though. I would estimate 10-15' visibility - I've dived in worse. There does seem to be more algae growing on the silt now. One of the main training platforms has been brushed clean. There were a lot of open water students there - it was busier than I had seen in a long time. Of course the weather was very nice. There was a thermocline at 15-20'. At the bottom the temp was 43*.
0RJXrM9eD_R29zkE634YwA
I4HWuJ1gadykkcXk80WvCA

Attachments

• IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 36
Doesn't look good for viz this year.

I wonder if the algae is because of the silt.

Back
Top Bottom