Blue Springs Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moonlight:
Was able to dive Sunday at HP. No pond scum on the surface, but vis was only 5ft. Big problem was the snakes laying on the upper dock and rocks in the sun. First time I have ever seen snakes there! Other then that had a great time diving.

Snakes! :11: Yikes!

I was thinking HP might be somewhere to try but no thank you to the snakes.

Ahhh.... the snakes are no big deal! About 7-10 years ago, HP was the only place around that Rod and I would dive... back then, BS had an ecoli problem, and HP was the "place to go". Rod did a couple of his AOW dives at HP... and during the night dive, there were snakes all over the WATER! LOL They won't bother you though... they just slither/swim along.

The last 2-3 years, though, HP has been quite scummy with bad vis.... thus, now the "close to home place to go" is BS.

I would like to go back to HP if it gets cleaned up... I love to just follow the wall around and see all the turtles and fish that hide in the crevaces.

jpsexton:

Sissy! :D

jpsexton:

"

"**** That" Ya'll can keep them snakes, I have seen a few while diving mostly in Florida looks like Indiana Snakes dont know we can kill them...
:mooner:

The only two times I near freaked out,

DM, "Did you see the Bull shark? I tried to chase him over to you guys!"

Surfacing on a night dive in Fla. and hearing "baby gators," wondering if mama was near by!

Land Locked:
Dive with sharks but NOT snakes? What a woosssss......:confused:

Sharks are cool but snakes just give me the willies!

Never ran into a fresh water snake while diving so I don't know how I would react. The only run in I've had was a pilot fish that kept trying to swim on my chest, was pretty humorus at the time, it wouldn't leave me alone after several swats to get rid of him.

Land Locked:
Never ran into a fresh water snake while diving so I don't know how I would react. The only run in I've had was a pilot fish that kept trying to swim on my chest, was pretty humorus at the time, it wouldn't leave me alone after several swats to get rid of him.

Way too funny. :rofl2:

With any luck the scrubbers and aerators at HP will clean it up.

jpsexton:

The snakes went the other way when we came into their area! They just wanted a little sun:wink: Hp is peaceful and a good place to work on skills without worrying about mucking up the water for others. Come on out and dive I'll chase the snakes away for you:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom