Blue Springs Yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where is Blue Springs? Also what type of place is it... I'm thinking a spring? Was it a quarry or is it a natural spring... Add any info you want... camping, ammentities?

diver4christ:
It looks like maybe we are going to get a group together to do some spring cleaning the weekend of the 23 of April at BS ( sweeping off platforms the Armored car and tubes maybe fix some markers) and such who is up for it??? It will probably be on Sat maybe have a big cookout afterwards.

Hey Brian!
Ditto with what divingdoc asked. More details? Also, kind of depth, temps, vis?

msedivingdoc:
Where is Blue Springs? Also what type of place is it... I'm thinking a spring? Was it a quarry or is it a natural spring... Add any info you want... camping, ammentities?
Its about 30 miles southeast of Indianapolis, just off I-74. Its a quarry which is spring fed which makes for chilly water. Viz was really good the last time I was there. They have air fills on site IIRC. It has my kind of camping; I know you know what that means mse :wink:

Not sure this is correct but I think max depth is around 50 feet.

There should be 5 bowling balls in there now. I threw 4 more in there last fall.

So who is up for a cleanup day??? maybe we can hit Falling Rock this summer.

Diver Lori:
There should be 5 bowling balls in there now. I threw 4 more in there last fall.

A couple of lanes and some pins and we could start a underwter bowling league. I think you will find 6 balls now since there use to be two.

diver4christ:
So who is up for a cleanup day??? maybe we can hit Falling Rock this summer.
I'll mark my calender for that weekend and try to keep it clear of any ohter obligations. I should know more for sure in a few weeks.

crpntr133:
A couple of lanes and some pins and we could start a underwter bowling league. I think you will find 6 balls now since there use to be two.

I prefer not to use the house balls, thankyou. Anyone got a formula
for figuring the bouyancy +/- of a 16lb Weber? Oh heck, I guess I'll
just have to fill the washer again.....

You are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad land locked!!!! I bought a camera just like yours and have ordered the houseing so I will hopefully have it with me that weekend.
Drop me a PM if you are planning to come so we can work out the details.

Land Locked:
I prefer not to use the house balls, thankyou. Anyone got a formula
for figuring the bouyancy +/- of a 16lb Weber? Oh heck, I guess I'll
just have to fill the washer again.....

Back
Top Bottom