blue steel valve for sidemount. Blanking plugs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you wrap it around here?

View attachment 152212

That would be my right side tank. I orient the reg at the bottom, valve handle sticking out to the right.

You'll find that as you ask folks about their SM configurations, you'll get a lot of different answers. I like my way, others like theirs. You have to find yours. That may be via a mentor, a class, or experimentation, or some combination of the 3. Have fun.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

The way i do it, that would be your right tank. That puts valve down, reg to inside so it's protected, and the bungee will rest about the base of the valve.

Same here. My valve knobs face down and somewhat inward towards my ribcage. I just stretch the bungee loop over the valve knob after clipping in the tank to the buttplate. I have only had the bungee slip off once, but I was vertical and leaning backwards to look up at something directly above me. It didn't cause any real problems though. The hoses kept the tank from flipping and I just put the bungee back over the valve after a second or two.

I have left and right handed blue steel valves, just orient the valves as others have said (valve down 1st stage in or valves out 1st stage up).

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom