blue steel valve for sidemount. Blanking plugs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a new set of faber lp 85 for a sidemount setup. They came with left and right hand blue steel valves. They have burst disks installed in them. Is there a way to install blanking plugs in order to get some extra length for the bungees to wrap around?

Candiru, there is no way to do what you are asking with those valves.

Okay, I see that you can't add a blanking plug to get extra length. My next question is how important is the extra length in order to get the bungee around it.

I have some of those valves. I orient the tanks so that the valve handles are out and I wrap the bungees around them. No problem.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I do the same thing Bill does. It is very rare for a properly fitting bungee to slip out.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember where the burst plugs are. It's irrelevant to the way I do it anyway.

FWIW, I do all my SM tanks the way I described, regardless of the type of valve. I don't think there's another way to do it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

So you wrap it around here?

photo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom