blury pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRAZYBOBC

Reaction score
is there anything that can be done in ps 7 that can make a blury pic more clear
also i wanted to attach the pic but it was too large i.e. to many kb
is there a way to save a pic with less kb than it originates in the original pic is like 2.3 mb i need to get it down to 200 kb in order to attach it here

thanks

CRAZYBOBC:
is there anything that can be done in ps 7 that can make a blury pic more clear
PS7 has a Sharpen Filter, a Sharpen Edges filter, a Sharpen More filter and and an Unsharp Mask filter.

Under Filter>Sharpen on the top menu.

Personally I only use Sharpen for quick results and Unsharp Mask for more detailed work. I've never had a need for Edge sharpen and Sharpen More is generally too harsh.

In Unsharp Mask try setting a moderate Radius and Threshold and then push the Amount slider to the right. Check the preview box to see the results as you do so. You can easily go too far with this control so inspect your image thoroughly after using it. It sometimes adds image "noise" in darker regions.
also i wanted to attach the pic but it was too large i.e. to many kb
is there a way to save a pic with less kb than it originates in the original pic is like 2.3 mb i need to get it down to 200 kb in order to attach it here
If your PS7 came bundled with Image Ready(most did) then select Save for Web from the File menu to load the image into Image Ready. Then click the 4up tab at the top, you will be presented with 4 different compressions of the same image (original plus 3) clicking any of the other 3 images will give you a dialog box to the right which allows you to set format, compression level and a slide for quality. Pick a combination that gets you down under 200kb.

btw, since the server upgrade, the SB photo galleries and attachment functions seem to be limited or non-functional. It might be better to link to the photo on your own webspace.

Another simple way to resize in PS7 is go to "image>size" and resize in either inches or pixels. If you're using a free image host such as photobucket (it's free and works great) I would size it by pixels at about 640x480 to fit in a post without being oversized. Make sure when you finish resizing you "save as" to a different name, so that you keep your original for larger prints. I usually just add a postscript of "sm" or "ps sm" so that when I'm uploading, I can recognize the right version by holding the cursor over it and looking for the postscript. To post these, go to your album on the image hosting site and copy the img. line. Then paste it to your post.

The Photoshop Elements programs have a "Save for Web" function. Perhaps PS7 does also. It's the easiest way to play around with pixel size and jpg compression levels while getting instant feedback on how the pic looks and what size it would be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom