Boat diving or shore diving ?

Boat diving or Shore diving

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boat diving is the best ,

just jump over the side and your in ! no dirt, sand and other junk in your gear that is often on beaches

also you dont have to lug your gear every where !

Both- I can leave the house and be in the water in 15 minutes on a beach dive. The reefs are in a lot better shape further offshore so boat dives are good. A beach dive is $4 for an E8-130 tank fill. A boat dive is $50 for a commercial boat. A boat dive is easier getting in and out of the water. A beach dive requires no planning, I go when I want. The water is usually clearer offshore. Scootering off the beach is a lot of fun, its amazing how far you can go. Beach Kayak diving is a great way to go. I like them both but usually shore dive because its cheap, easy and convenient.

Its a close tie, both has their advantages and disadvantages depending on what you want to gain from the dive and where you live. But 'sunfm' I can see your point on shore diving Vancouver Island. I was up there two weeks ago and did some shore dives, the hike to the beach over washed up trees was interesting to say the least. But, the actual dive was as good as some of the boat diving out of Nanaimo and I will be shore diving Vancouver Island again in the future....

boat dives, I dive off my own boat,I dont mind beach dives but man can they be a lot of work sometimes and more often than not I am a little dissapointed but rarely off a boat.

Well it looks from the poll and the posts that boat diving is the way to go !

and "wsparks" your right i dont like shore dives because of the huge logs you have to climb over. plus if you want any good diving you have to swim at least 100ft off shore to find a reef.

if your ever diving agian up here give us a holler : www.divemaster.ca

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom