Boat trip to Gulf on 7-nov-2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True, but given that this is referred to by some as the "Mount Everest" of dives, one would certainly be well-advised to have adequate training before dropping through the chimney.

Personally... I'm hoping to do it myself someday, but not until I've taken another class or two.

Happy Friday! :D

I know divers who arent cave certified that dove it. Against all odds, they survived.
Water never killed anybody.........it is an individual's actions (or inaction) that kills.

Let's leave the bs/pot stirring off of this thread.

Great springs are Ginny, The Grotto, etc.

I'm heading to Blue Grotto with a buddy tomorrow. Never done the dive there before. Hear it's a good one. If you've ever been to Devil's Den - Blue Grotto is "right across the street", so to speak. Same town.

Devil's Den is a good dive too. Ginnie is a good but *very* short dive. Depends on how badly you want to get wet.

We're getting an early start tomorrow as my buddy has to be back by around 1pm. If you guys think about heading that way let me know and perhaps we can meet up.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
Eagles Nest doesn't look like a place for anyone who isn't cave certified. Claimed another life this week.
I know divers who arent cave certified that dove it. Against all odds, they survived.
Water never killed anybody.........it is an individual's actions (or inaction) that kills.

That place is nothing to play with!!!!! Its very deep and very dark. No one without the proper training has any business in that place. I know others have done it and survived but idiots have jumped off the Skyway bridge and survived too. Doesn't mean everybody should try it. Eagles Nest is NOT a good spring dive. Its a good CAVE dive. It really doesn't need to claim the lives of anyone else. Especially divers that are not qualified to be in there. It makes the diving community look like a bunch of dumb asses that can't control itself.
So PLEASE unless you are are properly trained just forget that place exists.

and the last diver who was not cave certified that dove at Eagles Nest died. 5 days ago.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
Eagles Nest doesn't look like a place for anyone who isn't cave certified. Claimed another life this week.

That place is nothing to play with!!!!! Its very deep and very dark. No one without the proper training has any business in that place. I know others have done it and survived but idiots have jumped off the Skyway bridge and survived too. Doesn't mean everybody should try it. Eagles Nest is NOT a good spring dive. Its a good CAVE dive. It really doesn't need to claim the lives of anyone else. Especially divers that are not qualified to be in there. It makes the diving community look like a bunch of dumb asses that can't control itself.
So PLEASE unless you are are properly trained just forget that place exists.

Your missing the inside joke... some people seem to think their immune doing trust me dives w/ celebrities and wouldn't respond to my pointing it out.

I've been full cave for 2+ years, on a rebreather just shy of 2 years, and doing tech dives for 6 years, and Eagle's Nest is over MY head....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom