Boats with Marine Park permits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HONESTLY...

Scuba divers are a rare breed. We all know it. Of the general population, how many have the balls (well, you know what I mean ;-) to be scuba divers? As a really cool percentage of the earth's population, I think it's important that we all stick together and represent what's great about our sport.

The earth is getting smaller and smaller. You can hop on a plane and be on the other side of the world in the same day. The internet puts us at each other's fingertips. The oceans are truly our last frontier. SO much is still unexplored. Let's do our part to keep our reefs pristine and sustainable. We need to stick together as a cohesive group (DIVERS!) and do what's right for our oceans. Others are watching...lets set the BEST example.

If you're among those who would intentionally do things the wrong way to save a nickel, you are not a DIVER. If you don't have experience and don't know better, then as DIVERS it's our responsibility to help teach you better.

Time to step up to the plate DIVERS...

I have the balls.. now I know some divers who will still dive even if there are no O2 or lifejackets onboard or if the dive rate is cheap....or if some corners are cut seriously.

I already argued and refused to dive when I noticed that finally the website is telling high safety level and on the boat there are no O2 or VHF. Specially when Briefing is done in like 2 min ommiting a lot a lot of infos. And you know what is funny? Most divers look to care less about safety. They want to dive, point. This is a business and I am not talking about some training quality that some divers received.

Now I do agree. We need to stick together we need to clearly say that this instructor and this dive ops are total b*llshit. That "sorry I will pass on your guide I feel safer alone or could you please stop babysitting me blabla" etc... into a business only stronger, reputable business should survive. You got a restaurant who clearly fail at safety he should be out of business.

That list is already wonderfull I do suspect a dive club who contacted me few days ago cause I asked about if I should go east or west side of cozumel I understand that speaking in private on FB it might be cool but wow this dive ops were the best and others are not recommanded or b*llshit. Does that dive ops run out of tourists to contact someone in private ? Strange...

We got 2 wonderfull scubaboard threads about tipping specially in Cozumel and in USA in country where tipping is needed and are local customs. I totally changed my mind and I understood the needs. Now the same as I would take 2 weeks to pick up and choose an instructor because instructor worth more than an angency right. I will add few other questions about:
- are you legally authorized to work on the marine park ?
- do you have a permit ?
- can I get your boats 'name + immatriculation ?
- what is your refund policies if a dive is not done ?

You replied me and provide me more than expect - Please receive with deep love this small 20 % of tipping and let's take a drink :)

Thanks about this list.

Last edited:
As I live in Europe can I ask dive shop/ops to provide me their boat name-immatric to checkout if they are legal?

Currently I cant be sure prior to order a dive - this can be a total surprise can I asked a refund If a dive ops lied on me?

Not only can you ask the shop before you book, you can ask here on ScubaBoard! Many here are happy to provide that kind of information

ScubaBoard has made my trip planning MUCH less stressful...

Not only can you ask the shop before you book, you can ask here on ScubaBoard! Many here are happy to provide that kind of information

ScubaBoard has made my trip planning MUCH less stressful...

I will not forget your advice.
For sure I will do some with Blue XT~Sea Diving :drunks:
Now I think to be less tressful and have more trusted dive days I will stay with 1 or maybe 2

...That list is already wonderfull I do suspect a dive club who contacted me few days ago cause I asked about if I should go east or west side of cozumel I understand that speaking in private on FB it might be cool but wow this dive ops were the best and others are not recommanded or b*llshit. Does that dive ops run out of tourists to contact someone in private ? Strange...

Not sure I understand you clearly, but I highly doubt any of the dive shops who are members of ANOAAT (our watersports association) would be badmouthing another op. Membership requirements are set high to ensure that only legal operations and legal businesses are members.

We got 2 wonderfull scubaboard threads about tipping specially in Cozumel and in USA in country where tipping is needed and are local customs. I totally changed my mind and I understood the needs. Now the same as I would take 2 weeks to pick up and choose an instructor because instructor worth more than an angency right. I will add few other questions about:
- are you legally authorized to work on the marine park ?
- do you have a permit ?
- can I get your boats 'name + immatriculation ?
- what is your refund policies if a dive is not done ?

You replied me and provide me more than expect - Please receive with deep love this small 20 % of tipping and let's take a drink :)

Thanks about this list.

Again, not sure I understand your post completely, but yes - when choosing a dive shop, don't worry about which agency (PADI, NAUI, SSI, YMCA, CMAS, etc) they are affiliated with, but rather the experience and reputation. There are good and bad under every agency umbrella.

If you are directing the other questions at me -
- are you legally authorized to work on the marine park ? Yes of course. I am one of the founding members of the new association and was recently elected to serve as the Secretary on the Board of Directors for our association
- do you have a permit ? Yes, we have all permits, licenses and pay all taxes and fees
- can I get your boats 'name + immatriculation ? Bandida II and Shamu are my boat names.
- what is your refund policies if a dive is not done ? feel free to visit my website for that information. my website address is below in my signature block

To save you some confusion and frustration, if the boat is on the list from the link I provided, they are legal. One cannot obtain their park permits without having all other permits in order and current.

Thank you.

Where can I found a list of your ANOAAT ' dive ops membership ?
This website is the correct list ? Cozumel Dive Operators - Cozumel ANOATT Dive Shops
This ANOAAT membership offer a 'Quality Assurance' something like this ?

I do apologize it looks my english is still not that good...
Those questions were not directed to you. Again I deeply apologize about this misunderstanding.

Those questions were directed to any diveshops I would look into- if it would help to select them and know how serious they are.
As I said I got few days ago a dive ops who contacted me in private in FB and I am a bit suspicious and I didn't follow his method to 'recruit' new customers specially when I have not asked for.

Thank you.

This website is the correct list ? Cozumel Dive Operators - Cozumel ANOATT Dive Shops

Those questions were not directed to you. Again I deeply apologize about this misunderstanding.

Those questions were directed to any diveshops I would look into- if it would help to select them and know how serious they are.
As I said I got few days ago a dive ops who contacted me in private in FB and I am a bit suspicious and I didn't follow his method to 'recruit' new customers specially when I have not asked for.
No worries - I understand there is a language barrier, I was just responding to what I understood your questions to be.

There is not a current list of ANOAAT Cozumel members because we are still in the membership process. The list you found is from
More than 10 years ago as that association has been inactive for many years. Many of those shops listed are no longer in business. We are actually starting brand new. If you could edit your post to delete that link it would really help
To prevent a lot of confusion because none of that information is current at all.

The new association is literally starting fresh with new by-laws, new membership requirements and will include ALL legal water sports operators, not only dive shops. Our focus is in promoting safety and compliance for ALL water sports operators and to promote safe and honest tourism.

But as I said, if the boat is on the list provided on the first post of this thread, then they are legal regardless of whether they are a member of ANOAAT Cozumel.

If you’re wondering about a specific shop, you can always post it here and we can confirm.

Don’t overthink it too much :). This is supposed to be fun not an investigation :)

Last edited:
Thank you.

Hola CajunDiva - this list is actually VERY OLD and not the same organization. Many of the shops on that list are no longer in business.

Having this old link is going to create more confusion. Please see my post above and rest assured that we will post a current list as soon as available. We are still gathering paperwork for new members.

Back
Top Bottom