Boats?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but, when I spoke with him this morning, If he's already in Beaufort, or Hilton Head, he's open to going from there too.

Hey, Guys-
I was reading your posts. I am a Florida Conch Diver with my own 25' Maxum cruiser. Here are my thoughts.

NO ONE goes below wet. Mildew is not fun to deal with.
Must have- Tank racks, deck cushioning. Tanks and weight belts are murder on the gelcoat.
If you think a 3 step ladder is enough, you will be disappointed. I have a 4-step I installed myself and wish it was 5.
Be VERY careful about accepting "payment". I believe, but am not sure, ANY form of payment, including gas or fees for launch constitutes a charter. That's a whole different legal category you don't want to visit. Research this thoroughly before even discussing it further.
Make sure the owner has lots of insurance. Accidents happen.
Be very, very careful on his boat. It is his pride and joy. Don't bump, bang or drop anything. He knows where all the blemishes are and will notice any new ones. This is firsthand experience. I have had divers on my boat who, although good-intentioned, have broken fittings and put scratches in the gelcoat. It is very upsetting to the captain. Respect his investment and be ULTRA careful!

Lastly-
Only take a couple of divers out the first few times to get a feel for the boat layout and space. The boat gets very small when divers are gearing up.

Kurt:D

Back
Top Bottom