Bob's Excellent Mini-Cave Vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really need to, James ... doing cave trips every year or so just isn't enough. By the time I felt like I was finding my comfort zone, it was time to go home ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I really need to, James ... doing cave trips every year or so just isn't enough. By the time I felt like I was finding my comfort zone, it was time to go home ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
When? I nominate Lynne to show us around

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I agree. I was out of it for a while and it took me a minute to get back in the zone. Luckily I live in Florida now. Next time you are able to make it let me know.

And I second James' motion.

Even making two trips a year, I always spend at least one day feeling like a bull in a china shop, and by the time I've really hit my "stride", it's time to pack . . . If there's one thing I wholeheartedly agree with, is that if you really want to become a facile cave diver, you have to live where the caves are :(

I'd be happy to play organizer and guide for a SB "Invade the Yucatan" event!

Even making two trips a year, I always spend at least one day feeling like a bull in a china shop, and by the time I've really hit my "stride", it's time to pack . . . If there's one thing I wholeheartedly agree with, is that if you really want to become a facile cave diver, you have to live where the caves are :(

I'd be happy to play organizer and guide for a SB "Invade the Yucatan" event!
January __, 2013

Fill in the blank guys!

... you guys got a lot of James's in Florida ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Love the post Bob missing the north Fl caves even more by the day!
Oct. always kicks our planned trip down for REACT party and then dive for a week.
This past March I had the best trip ever but it took at least 2 days of 2-3 dives to get the feel going again.
We train like we cave dive all the time but there is no comparison none that I have found.

P1 to Olsen is a great dive.
This past Jan. I shared a dive with a friend that was spectacular and we really looked around on the return trip back to P1.
There were some magnificent views and tall ceilings we looked around.
I saw a ton more on that dive than any before.

I have gotten several outer and inner ear infections while diving Peacock but I have since learned my use of ear beer was only making my ears more susceptible to infection.
I now have altered my routine a bit and not had any issues in two cave trips.
My p-valve care is pretty insane but I try to rinse and dry the valve after a day of diving.
A UTI is a deal breaker as you already know!
Glad you are feeling better and hope to run into you sometime soon.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep training....Keep Learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom