Body recovered in Pattaya?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's really sad. When did this happen? I heard that last month right around the middle of October there was also a fatality at the Hardeep when a diver did not return to the boat. There was all kinds of search going on but I never hear if they ever found the body or not. I assume that this is a different event.

I wonder what the accident stats are for a place like Thailand. There's so much diving going on there. I guess it's not exactly the kind of that you'd find on the TAT website.

I assume that there are statistics available by the Navy somewhere but they probably don't like to publish it much as it may hurt tourism or give the country a bad image. Of course with our current prime minister, image is everything. However I think accident is relatively rare as it tends to get talked a lot locally and there don't seem to be too many stories about dive fatality each year, probably a few per year I would guess. Now, with the number of divers in Thailand, I don't know if this would consider too high, normal or low. Consider the number of rather shady and not up to specs boats with all the neccessary first aide, life supports etc there are in Thailand (although the boats on average are better equiped than they used to and it is improving all the time).

In my opinon, diving with a good lead diver in the group could have minimize the mishaps with the exception of solo or 2 buddy dive teams. I have heard from a friend that there are "gang-ho" lead divers who lack care for their guest divers.

I've heard that Pattaya has only had one fatality in the past year. No independant verification of that number, though.

I would like to hear who the dive operator was and especially the cause of death.

Tim Wong:
In my opinon, diving with a good lead diver in the group could have minimize the mishaps with the exception of solo or 2 buddy dive teams. I have heard from a friend that there are "gang-ho" lead divers who lack care for their guest divers.

"gang-ho"?

Lead divers who have no clue as to what is happening to the pack behind and continue to move on. Only turns back to take a look at the end of the dive to find that the number is different from what he started with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom