bohol diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi, Im planning to go to bohol by the end of april. I've been to balicasag and stayed there before. but now i'm planning to check in at panglao and dive at balicasag. any recommendations as to where I can stay. That is cheap and with aircon rooms and cable tv . Are there also restos near the resort so I can just choose where to dine. I'm going with my wife and my son. Only I am diving in this trip. :cool2:

Thanks for the map. I am wondering which operations on Alona beach(if any) make multiple trips to Balicasag during the day - as in a two tank trip in the morning and another in the afternoon. Also, is a trip to Balicasag considered a 'special' in terms of cost, logistics and etc. or is it just like any other local dive site? Thanks for the info - first trip to the region and trying to choose a diving operation...

Thanks for the map. I am wondering which operations on Alona beach(if any) make multiple trips to Balicasag during the day - as in a two tank trip in the morning and another in the afternoon. Also, is a trip to Balicasag considered a 'special' in terms of cost, logistics and etc. or is it just like any other local dive site? Thanks for the info - first trip to the region and trying to choose a diving operation...
There are several dive sites around Balicasag therefore most operators go there for more than ONE dive. You can have a proper meal on Balicasag during your surface interval. It does not make sense to go there in the morning, return to Alona Beach and go back there again. Why wasting fuel for nothing.
Balicasag is so much better than those around Alona Beach in terms of diving.
Going there is NOT regard as special trip unlike Cabilao which is two hrs away.

There are several dive sites around Balicasag therefore most operators go there for more than ONE dive. You can have a proper meal on Balicasag during your surface interval. It does not make sense to go there in the morning, return to Alona Beach and go back there again. Why wasting fuel for nothing.
Balicasag is so much better than those around Alona Beach in terms of diving.
Going there is NOT regard as special trip unlike Cabilao which is two hrs away.

Thanks for the information, I guess I was confused about the difference b/c some operations list additional cost for trips to Cabilao. With respect to lunch on Balicasag - do operations usually supply food/bottled water on the multi-dive trips to Balicasag or this is something everyone is supposed to take with? I guess I'm used to 'full service' ops in Cozumel :D

What do you consider cheap? Lost Horizon's cheapest room is 1500php or so with ac but no view. I found a place nearby with fan only for 700php a night - Alona Garden Resort.

I recommend Philippine Fun Divers - they lease space at the Lost Horizon Resort. I dived with them twice last year.

With respect to lunch on Balicasag - do operations usually supply food/bottled water on the multi-dive trips to Balicasag or this is something everyone is supposed to take with? I guess I'm used to 'full service' ops in Cozumel :D
You are more than likely have to pay for pack lunch. As for the water, there is no harm to bring an extra litre just in case.
You chosen operation should be able to answer those questions.
Hat, towel and sun screen are very useful items to bring along. Small amount of peso would be useful for a bottle of Coke or souvenir!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom