bohol diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again. What is the tip situation in PI? What is considered appropriate and who do you normally tip on the boat?
Not a easy question to answer.
This is what I normally do:
1. If the dive guide and the boatmen are working full time for the dive shop then I will just tip P200.00 per day to the dive shop.
2. Thing getting complicated if the dm and the boatmen are outsiders ie. free-lance. In this case I have to split the tips THREE ways!!!!!! And if there are change of the dive guide and the boatman during your stay..........Up to you.
3. You do not have to tip if you not feel like it. You are in Philippines NOT USA!!!!
4. Most waiters/waitress do not expect to be tipped in the restaurants. They will still give you a big smile if you leave no tip at all.
5. You can tip them like what you do at home ie 10-15% of the bill.....very generous, why not, you are on holiday and everyone is HAPPY.

Hi andrethediver

could you give a write up after your trip? I haven't been there and it sounds good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom