boltsnap clipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Dave Bevan stated;

My advice. Stop looking at scubaboard threads on boltsnap clipping and get in the water and practice. Then you can find out which way you prefer. Personally I've never seen an entanglement with any kind of piston boltsnap.

I find it's much more intuitive to clip upwards leaving the gate exposed. As other have mentioned it's mostly to do with ease of clipping things off with one hand. My back up lights are clipped the other way to aid finding the right clip in the dark.

That's pretty much it. I wouldn't give it too much more thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I agree 100%

As so often stated in the LA Co UW Instructors program and credited to Dr. Glen Egstrom
"A specific adaptation to the imposed demands" AKA "SAID"

Currently there are only two distinct sexes but many body types- long and tall, short and fat, ,old and young , old amd young

And scattered among the tribe are seasoned veterans and rank novices who were trained by a number of different organizations by fuzzy faced instructors each espousing the method that works best for them

The horse is dead - stop kicking it

SDM, III

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom