Bon Echo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thrive

Reaction score
Has anyone dove the wall at Bon Echo? It sounds nice. 90' wall then a shelf to 472'. I figure i will NOT go below the 90 area :)

Also, the camp ground looks busy. Anyone know which lot is quiet? Can you swim across the lake to the wall from the grounds?

You can swim to the wall down by the narrows. it's not that far. Be careful for falling rocks as there are rock climbers there from time to time. I have never dove there but some dive buddies have and said is a shear wall so good buoyancy control is a must. There is a cave about 200 yard north of the narrows at about 70' deep. I wouldn't venture into the caves without some technical training. The hardest part is getting your gear to the water. Having a boat would be a great help. Good luck

Can you just get in at the beach? can you drive up to the water? Google earth's resolution there is really poor :(

Hey there. I dove there a few years ago...ouch...10 years ago!! I was a newbie at the time and my rental BC failed. I aborted and didn't go back in for the rest of the weekend. Campground was nice and we picnic'd where we entered the water...we were the only ones there (my club). I believe it was the narrow's but I haven't been back since.

When we were there the park was watching some falcons and lost their scope in the water. They asked a couple of our divers to go down and see if it happened to land on a shelf...no such luck...it's probably at the bottom...oops!

There is also some indian drawings on the rock wall at the waterlevel. Lots of canoers and rock climbers as someone else already mentioned.

You can't drive to the water, but to a parking lot where you have to carry your gear....I don't remember it being too much of a pain in the butt.

Thanks very much for the advice. I just need to find a buddy to go and I'm there.

Bon Echo was a fun dive and good for those who wish to work on their deeper diving skills. You can park in a lot that is not to far from the water so carrying gear isn't all that bad. You will want a light as the water is a typical tea colour. Have you tried the Arnprior Bridge I see you are from Ottawa. The bridge is a result of the Dam built and a new bridge was constructed. They removed only the guard rails some of the older briddge deck has colapsed and you will find much stuff down there like a old motorcycle. If I remember correctly it is off of hwy 17 towards White Lake

Can anyone tell me if you have to be camping at Bon Echo in order to dive there? I plan on camping, I was just curious for future reference.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom