Bonaire 2002 part#2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello future Bonaire divers:
Here are all the confirmed plans.
I am holding 15 rooms for September 14th to September 21,2002.
Prices are 643.00 for a share
1216.00 for your own room
This includes:
7 nights laguna view large room Plaza Resort Bonaire
6 one tank boat dives ( for 84.00 more we can have 12) Toucan Diving (we'll go to Klein Bonaire with the boats)
24 hour unlimited shore diving on the best shore in the world!
All taxes and transfers
Welcome Bar B Que Beach party dinner
You can start sending me deposits to hold your spot.
100.00 US. check made to Coast to Coast Travel
1135 Elder Road
Homewood,IL. 60430
Deposits are refundable up to final payment.
Final payment due July, 1st 2002
More questions call me. 708-957-8616

Originally posted by Natasha
.....Prices are 643.00 for a share
1216.00 for your own room

Natasha, what do you mean by 'a share'? Sounds like I'd get space on the floor or I can pay $1216 and get a whole room!

I'm guessing that's for half of a double room and you'll assign me a roommate if I need one.

Yes. maam. You guessed right. No one sleeps on the floor in my resorts! LoL.
A share is any two people in a room. Lots of my men divers like to take their own room. They say they don't want any loud snoring man next to them! {Little do they know they snore too}
That's why I post a " Your own room" price.
Can I count you in?

Originally posted by Natasha
.... Can I count you in?

Not just yet! Still taking notes on possible places to go. We're mighty pleased with CoCo View in Roatan, it's hard to beat.

I do have a couple of questions for ya though....

Is the shore diving done at the resort? I think I've heard that you need a car/truck to drive to places to shore dive in Bonaire. Isn't that where you can drive through for air fills?

What size dive boats do they have?

Are the dives guided by a DM or are you on your own?

All wonderful questions.
#1 There is 24 hour shore diving done at the resort. They line up filled tanks all day for anyone at the resort to use anytime for free. There's a wonderful reef right in front of the Plaza.
# 2 You can rent a truck or car if you want to go to other spots. Not sure about the dive through fills, because you can use tanks from the resort.
#3 The boats are 45 feet and as you would know will hold 12 divers. www.Toucandiving.com
There is a divemaster on every dive included in the price. But you can dive your own profile with no problem. And they do have Nitrox.
:sunny:

That was my next question....what about airfare out of Houston? Being a HUB, it's usually high to everywhere. I know airfare that far ahead may not be available yet but can you give me your best guesstimate?

DEE,

The drive thru air station, at least the original one, is at Buddy Dive, a couple of miles up the street from the Plaza. I know that several other resorts have added "drive up" air stations but as best as I know, the one at Buddies is the only one you actually drive through. To really enjoy Bonaire to it's fullest, you will want to rent a truck, at least for a few days. There are so many dive sites to explore and other things to see during the surface interval that a truck is a must have.

Natasha,

The Bonaire travel board has produced a video of the island that can be ordered for about $9 off the web. Not sure what the web address is off the top of my head but if you are interested, I will dig it up. I have seen a piece of it on the web, it looks pretty good.

It much too early to do air yet. Sometime after Easter we can look at it more seriously. Anyone can use air mileage awards, or search the web for their own air prices. Last time we went to Bonaire in March 2001, the air from around the country ranged from 600.00 to 1000.00.
Callie no it does not include meals. You can pre pay breakfast which is what we did on the last trip. It is 76.00 for 7 days. It is a full huge breakfast with a chef making omlets.

:sunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom