Bonaire 2002 part#2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Natasha

yes I'm in for the trip.

Can I send you credit card details? as my cheques are in sterling. Alternatively I can get some multi currency cheques from my bank.

Are your dates inclusive as this is 8 nights (not that I'm complaining mind) but I would need to firm my flight arrangements. There are big price differences between travelling on Friday USD750, Saturday USD2250 and Sunday USD750 so I might need to strech the accom dates either end, is this a problem?

By the way most people snore a little after a few beers even you gals. I'm Ok with a share or a single which ever fits.

Neil

Neil,
Sharp eye you have there. It was a typo on my part. September 14th Saturday to Saturday, in 02, that's our dates. That's 8 days 7 nights.
However, Socaldiver talked to me on the phone yesterday and said him and Cathy will probably stay on after the trip. Several people did this last time too, to see more of the surrounding islands. Of course that is up to each person, and fine with me if you want to come in early, or leave later.
We can talk in email about those sterlings you have. :wink:

Herman,
Thanks for info. I know the Bonaire travel board in New York. I'll ring them and have them send me one. They're a great group of girls.
PS I don't know any girls that snore, burp, or pick their noses!
LoL
:sunny:

come stay at my house for a night or so :D

I'm still planning to get to Bonaire - but the Cdn $ right now is not very good (darn right lousy). The one week trip would cost close to $3K Cdn. Which is too high for me. I've already got a trip planned to NC - OD wants to dive the sub there, and I'm giving the charter to him for his b'day.

Then there's the trip to DEMA in October he wants.

Finally, if all goes as planned there's the trip to Barbados in Feb 2003 - I have time-share there.

So you see with three foreign trips my vacation fund will already be tight, I might just have to pass Bonaire -- unless of course I win the lottery or someone wants to sponsor me????:D

Hi all Bonaire tripsters,

I've just been flicking through an old copy of Diver Mag and noticed a Curacao add that said coral spawning takes place there 8/9/10 Sept 2001 and 8/9/10 Oct 2001. Pretty close to our dates next year, now that would be something, anyone know the full moon dates around then?

Neil

Hey Neil,
The full moon is September 21st 2002.
:sunny:

Looks like a trip my wife and I can do. If you have two more slots we can fill them and we don't mind bunking together.

Dave

Just re-watched the coral seas episode of Blue Planet and they say coral spawning takes place "a few days after the full moon" so we miss it, shame, but it's still going to be one hell of a trip.

Neil

The coral spawning is a really wonderful thing to see. There is a downside, however. We arrived on September 8, 2001, and got to witness it on a couple of dives. A week later the water was still murky. Two weeks later and things had pretty much returned to normal. We did get one storm during our visit - very unusual - but there wasn't enough rain to create a runoff problem.

We'd love to join you on your trip, but we're already booked for a return trip a little later in the year. The Plaza Resort is the best spot on the island their dive shop is the best I've ever had the pleasure of using in 30+ years of diving. I'd rather dive a six pack, but they do just fine with their 12's and in September you will rarely find them filled.

Shameless plug, but I'm not being compensated so I figure it's probably okay.

Bon voyage!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom