Bonaire 2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Several divers have told me they want to go to Bonaire next year.
Do you want to go, and if so what's your price range, and when do you want to go?
I've stayed at the Plaza Resort Bonaire, and dove with Toucan Diving. Both exceeded my expectations.
Let me hear your thoughts!
:sunny:

What was the length (days) and cost of the last few trips?

Mike,
The last trip was in March of 2001. That is high season for traveling, since spring break allows for more people to travel.
That said, we paid 1100.00 a person for a share. It was 7 nights in a 6 star resort. This included daily breakfast, unlimited shore dives, 8 boat dives, taxes, transfers, T shirt, and party. There were 22 divers that went. Several of them were from this board and posted trip reports, in Bods, Brains and Bonaire..Under 'Travel' 'Caribbean' back in March/April. Let me know if you can find the link!

This sounds like a good time and a good price. pending more information this sound svery do-able to me.

I'll check to see how my two closest dive buddies feel about it.

SpyderTek

p.s. My B-day is March 6th so maybe I can get it paid for as a present also! hehehe

Happy Birthday March 6th. But, this March 2nd to March 9th 2002 the group trip is to Cozumel. If you haven't been there think about going. If you have been there, then you know how great it is! Fourteen divers are going so far, and we'll be taking more up to December 1st.
Bonaire will also be in 2002, but not in March. So sorry. We were thinking about September 02, which would bring the price down.
Would that still work for you?

Hi Natasha

I have yet to fill my travel plans for late 2002 and was thinking Bonaire anyway, ideally mid October. Please keep me posted on this trip.

Thanks

Neil

Natasha....from us up in the $ challanged Canada...any idea of the cost of flights etc from Toronto etc. I understand the prices you have quoted are in USD. But any thoughts for us up here , or do you have any connections up here in Canada whom we can contact or work thru..??

Thanks

Butch :peace:

Neil,
Of course UK divers are invited! It would be wonderful to have the UK join us this trip. There were several divers from Germany and Amsterdam down there, when we were there.
September will be a bit less costy then any other month. October is our big scuba convention here, called DEMA. But both months are still a possibility. I'll post prices next week, along with a date.
Butch,
Here is what I found out about air prices. Air Canada is 546.89 U.S. or 862.33 Canadian, right now. This would take you from Toronto to Miami, Miami: Aruba, Aruba,:Bonaire.
Or you could go on Air Jamaica. This would be getting to say , Chicago, then to Jamaica, then straight into Bonaire. It's150.00 more for this as of today.
Once we narrow down a date, we can look more closely to the air. I did have a Canadian woman go on the trip last year. She was a rescue diver from Saskatchewan!

Natasha,

You said about last year Bonaire, "...1100.00 a person for a share.." was that not including airfair?

ST

At this time you can count me in. I'll start saving the pennies and dimes... Mid-September is better for me, but heck you arrange it, and as long as the boss says yes to time off I'm there.

Great idea Natasha

Back
Top Bottom