Bonaire airfare doubled for 2020 for Delta from AVL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They actually did from Newark - I paid under ~$800 in November 2018 and it’s ~$1,800 for next November - so, for me, it’s more than doubled!

November 14-21, Newark to Bonaire, Travelocity, $764.....
If it were easier to post screenshots without making links to other hosting sites, I would, but it's not. ugh.

I'm really not trying to be argumentative here, but all the searches I've done, after reading the posts in this thread, do not show substantial, if any increases.

upload_2020-1-4_20-8-54.png

Oh snap it worked!! Ctrl-V to the rescue!

I live in AVL. I have to fly through ATL to get to Bonaire. I noted that I only checked Delta. I travel for a living so my status and points are currently through Delta. I travel to BON 3 times per year. I constantly look at the rates for the upcoming months and plan my trips around the best fares for flights so I’m extremely aware of “typical” rates. With Delta, the further out the more expensive to BON. So, I usually don’t book too far in advance. I just pulled Delta rates from AVL to BON Apr 4-11 and the flights were over $2k. I have never, ever seen that in the last 3 years. Believe me or not, pull it up. I added a pic. I hope the rates do come down as that is crazy. I don’t care how awesome BON is, I’m not paying $4k for flights. I love BON and was looking forward to going back.

I think it’s a little weird that I touched such a nerve with some with my statement. “How dare I make such a statement” albeit true.
Screenshot_20200104-171530.jpg

Looks like day has a lot to do with it, although I think those cheap days are when American flies.

View attachment 559350

Oh snap it worked!! Ctrl-V to the rescue!
And as I said - I have no interest in flying through Miami...

Besides - it’s irrelevant to my original point: November 2018 nonstop was ~$800 while November 2020 nonstop is ~$1,800. Both Sat-Sat (as that is/was the dive club trip dates) Do you have a screenshot to explain that?

View attachment 559353
Looks like day has a lot to do with it, although I think those cheap days are when American flies.

I fly Delta, which is what I was referring to. I made note in my OP that I hadn’t checked any others carriers. I’m happy to hear that it isn’t across the board. Maybe I’ll consider a different airline for the future. Flying out of AVL does limit me and Delta only has flights to BON one day per week, Saturday. Every once in a while they have some Sunday flights. When I check and posted, the flights were over $2k from AVL.It appears that many have gone down. I’m happy to see that. I just thought it was strange. I’ve never seen flights to Bonaire that expensive, even during peak times. August is usually the cheapest from here. I was comparing apples to apples in my post.

My experience flying to Bonaire has been that I'm open to flexible days (but always go sat to sat), and American, Delta, United, whatever. I'm just not flying spirit. :) If you can only fly on specific days, on a specific airline, you may be stuck with what they offer.

These are pretty high. Hopefully, they will come down.

Last year these would have been at least $800 less. About $1400 was the high end.

Attachments

• 736A6FA6-F099-4CA6-8BBF-F2329FA4EEF9.jpeg
    736A6FA6-F099-4CA6-8BBF-F2329FA4EEF9.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 52
  • F0B774D2-CB4F-4C03-8093-67FF63BEB9BD.jpeg
    F0B774D2-CB4F-4C03-8093-67FF63BEB9BD.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 42
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom