Bonaire Airfare - Need advice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We went to Bonaire last September and used miles. This year, the same itinerary (IAH-BON Friday night redeye, BON-IAH Sat morning 7:30am departure) is 120,000 miles!!!! .....so far, but I'm watching everyday.

Anyone know of any dirty, little airfare secret deals for getting to Bonaire?

Bonaire's airfares fluctuate. I use Yapta: Track flight prices and check for airline refunds to track flights. Sept. is low season /no wind and so at times air is cheaper especially in Oct. Keep an eye on the fares. Also know CO has lots of changes and some previous computer glitches so check the fares often especially late at night.

Thanks to you both. I have been tracking both CO and Delta on yapta. Also, the CO flight went down to 95,000 miles today from 120,000, so maybe it'll keep dropping.

Great tips on checking late and clearing cookies!

Just booked flights for September [from SFO], and after checking all options [I have miles on Delta, Continental and AA], decided that the best way is AA to Curacao and a CUR-BON R/T as an add-on.
AA award for September is 25,000 miles from anywhere in the US. Even paid tickets are cheaper than Delta or Continental [including the CUR-BON]. Flying AA allows much more flexibility as they fly twice daily and you are not restricted to weekend to weekend flights.

Clear your cookies before you re-check fares too.
That used to help, then they got more devious. Now they have programs that identify you with a high degree of accuracy by the browser, extensions, isp, etc. you use. Best bet is to shop on a site like Sidestep.com, which offers options to check several other searching sites, protecting your identity while you shop, then link you to the airlines site with the itinerary and price already established..

You want to originate in Houston, not Austin, right? If you have dates selected, fare alerts are great; even if not, there are not that many choices to set up alerts for all possible pairs. Sidestep will send an email every morning with the list.

Checking week by week in Sept, with Saturday flights + 3 days gives a look at the hole month in 4 tabs. Looks like the cheapest is Continental Fri Sep 3 to Sat Sep 11 for $608 inclusive. Curacao seems to be $100 more for that weekend on American. Wow! If you insisted on going to CUR on any day other that Saturdays, it'd be $7-8,000 on KLM! :shocked2: Surely that is a glitch.

Check originating Austin too, as sometimes it's cheaper to fly from a connection city than from the hub; sometimes it's not. Cont offers $750 for Fri Sep 3 to Sat Sep 11 from Austin or San Antonio.

Expanding the search to look at nearby cities on both ends, here is $491 on American on Sat Sep 4 to Sat Sep 11, AUS CUR - much cheaper than out of IAH. Is it easy to get from CUR to BON?
Good shopping...!!! :eyebrow:

just checked as i just got a instructor job there in september... LAX to BON on usairways (granted you go to charlotte first) $300!! not airmiles, but CHEAP none the less

$300 from LAX, wow! :eek:

I checked LBB to BON on Delta as I have lots of miles from when they used to fly here, but they are back with limited service. Only 35,000 - with 4 hours in Memphis and 12 in Atlanta, returning with 2 hours in Atlanta and 12 in Memphis. Do a little sight seeing in each. :silly:

just checked as i just got a instructor job there in september... LAX to BON on usairways (granted you go to charlotte first) $300!! not airmiles, but CHEAP none the less

Are you sure this is correct? I checked the US Air website and it doesn't even show them going to Bonaire. :confused:

Us Air does not fly to Bonaire. So good luck with that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom