Bonaire Beautiful Brillant... bring your BCD's September 2002 Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome Aboard Kevin and Kim.

I look forward to this trip greatly. Everyone I have spoken to has had nothing but good things to say about the diving.

Welcome to the trip to Bonaire. Beth and I can hardly wait to get started. I'm sure we'll have a great trip and dive ourselves silly in the process. Look forward to meeting and diving with you both :tree: Bob

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, definitely looking forward to the diving and some new friends!!!

BTW Natasha, skydiving was awesome! Just have to work that into our diving.

:updown:

I have not been keeping up with this thread, sorry about the slow responce.

The marine park consists of ALL of the waters around Bonaire, from the shore to a depth of 200 ft (think the depth is correct)
The fee is $10 per year-Jan to Dec with some overlap if you buy the Dec tag as it will be for the next year.
Yes, you will have to take the orientation which also includes you doing a dive off the house reef for the purposes of getting your bouyancy correct and "tuning" up your skills.

The Helma Hooker is easy to do from shore with the port side of the ship at about 60 ft and the sand at just under 100ft. If you want to get to 100 ft, go to the bow of the ship where you will find a washed out hole and mash your gauge into the sand....caught my wife digging out the hole last year to get that last few inches.HEHEHE
There is really no need for gloves even on the Hooker unless you can't do free accents/decents. If that's the case, gloves migh not be a bad idea as the bouy line has some fire coral on it.

Natasha, did you know the exit tax has gone up to $20pp ?

I will be glad to personally investigate any other questions real soon....ON ISLAND IN 11 DAYS !!!

Herman:
Thanks for the good info. Yes, I did know the exit tag was 20.00. We did pay that in 01 when we were there. Thanks for the heads up on that too. To everyone else.. that has to be paid at the airport when leaving Bonaire to get off the island. But who wants to leave? So it's paid with must resistance. Hehehe
Kevin.. skydiving sounds like a blast. I loved parasailing so I'd probably like skydiving too.

:sunny:

Back
Top Bottom