Bonaire - Belmar - February 6 - 14, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad you enjoyed Belmar. I've stayed there three times; most recently in January. I agree about the progress on the dock, they may have it done by summer ;-)

Butchie is the security guard, he's been there over ten years. He likes to chat if you have a moment and loves pizza from Pasa Bon :)

I love pizza from Pasa Bon as well :D

We're planning a trip to Bonaire in July. How is the "house reef" at Belmar?

I have to honestly say that I did not care much for the house reef at Belmar!

Loved the Belmar but the reef - diving and snorkeling is better down at the Den Laman

The Belmar house reef was okay, but "rating" a site is very subjective. Personally, prefer the southern sites, but there really is no "bad" dive there. There was a seahorse hanging around there while we were there.

The Belmar house reef was okay, but "rating" a site is very subjective. Personally, prefer the southern sites, but there really is no "bad" dive there. There was a seahorse hanging around there while we were there.

I have a vid of a black seahorse we found right off the bouy at Belmar. There was supposed to be another one but we never found it. The swim out is a bit farther than Den Laman, but I think it's actually in just about as good as shape as Bari. Bari has definitely declined in the last ten years...sad really :-(

YouTube - Seahorse on Bonaire

Here's a couple just to make everyone's PBD kick up a notch...
YouTube - Belmar, Bonaire, NA...and a beer

YouTube - Turtle on Bonaire

Deputy Dan, a little grease on the wheel never hurts (buying pizza for Butchie :)

We found a gold-yellow one, but never found the black one. I have some HD vid of it, but haven't put it on my computer yet. The only one of your vids I could get to work was the Brights one - that was okay with me :cool2:

We found a gold-yellow one, but never found the black one. I have some HD vid of it, but haven't put it on my computer yet. The only one of your vids I could get to work was the Brights one - that was okay with me :cool2:

We found the black one:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom