Trip Report Bonaire Dive Trip Report- August 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great Report - headed to Bonaire in 3 weeks and will definitely visit some of your favorite spots!

Great Report - headed to Bonaire in 3 weeks and will definitely visit some of your favorite spots!
Thanks- My wife and I will be there from 12/2 to 12/10- let me know if you will be there then- if so, there are a number of other Scuba Boarders also on island that week and we have plans to meet up on 12/6 at 10am at Bari Reef for a dive together and lunch afterward at Between 2 Buns. -- Greg

Unfortunately we will be heading out on the 3rd but thank you so much for the invite. We will visit B2B a lot though. I love that place. How are the mosquitoes so far this year? They were a bit pesky last December and I was wondering if the rainy season has created as much standing water this year.

Unfortunately we will be heading out on the 3rd but thank you so much for the invite. We will visit B2B a lot though. I love that place. How are the mosquitoes so far this year? They were a bit pesky last December and I was wondering if the rainy season has created as much standing water this year.
Not sure about mosquitoes currently. I was on the island in August and they were a non-issue- but there had not been a lot of rain yet.

In town, the mosquito's are contrable by applying DEET. Mostly. Some divessites are infested with small flies (annoying, but harmless), but some sites further south (Atlantis and such) were infested with mosquitos two days back. This was after a 1st dive, so no DEET was applied; I stopped counting at 30 stings...

Last edited:
Darn, sounds like the little critters are back in force. Hopefully a little wind on the water will take care of them.

Great Trip Report. Using it as a guide and definitely going to hit your top 5 spots at least once!

14 days to go until 14 days underwater!
Hope to see you down there. We land on 12/2 ourselves for a week. There is a group of Scubaboard regulars that will be meeting on Wednesday 12/5 at Bari Reef at 10am to do a dive together and then grab some early lunch nearby at Between 2 Buns after the dive. Feel free to join us.

Between the lunch options of B2B, Kite City and Cactus Blue you run good chance your wetsuit will appear shrink during your stay. This is normal, and should be ignored :D

I've been missing Bonaire rather badly and you just made it worse! Glad you guys had a good time.

How do you find and pick a private accommodation to stay at? VRBO, AirBnb? Just curious how more Scubaboarders do it, and how their cost experience compares to dive resorts. When I travel alone I don't pay as much attention, but for family trips I've wondered.

Richard.
Good question! To keep our economy alive and MORE SO, keep the airlift thriving, book legal rentals only, please. If tax is not collected, it's not a legal rental. This revenue is critical for our economy! There are some really affordable options in the legal domain. Some of the properties I use are around 100 a night and up. Cook in breakfast and pack lunch, eat out locally and save that way......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom