Bonaire in a week - conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tdchandl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are headed to Bonaire in a week . I've been watching the weather and in particular the wind speeds lately in Bonaire; has the high wind speeds been effecting diving visibility and diving conditions in general?

comments?

thanks.

I haven't been watching the weather, but the winds usually blow from the East/ Northeast, and the vast majority of the diving is on the sheltered west side. I imagine the wind wouldn't drastically change the conditions.

When I was there, it stormed a few times, complete with strong winds on the dive sites, yet it never affected currents or viz. I think you'll probably be fine, but you can always call or email the resort/dive operation you'll be with and ask them.

Was there last week and the weather was great. It was breezy but it usually is. It seemed that the southern sites were stirred up some so we dove the northern sites a bit more. I seem to recall the waves at one site looked a little rough one day so we moved to another location that was more sheltered. Basically, don't worry. It'll be fine.

We are headed to Bonaire in a week . I've been watching the weather and in particular the wind speeds lately in Bonaire; has the high wind speeds been effecting diving visibility and diving conditions in general?

comments?

thanks.

Headed there tomorrow. First dive Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes. Just curious, where are you staying?

Thanks. We head out on thurs evening arriving fri night. Staying at buddy for 10 days. Did similar trip there last year and had a blast as this is yearly dive-your-brains-out time with my son. Looking forward to good time and good conditions.

Tdchandl. Great first dive today! Don't know about the rest of the week but dive conditions in Bonaire this morning could not have been better. Just a few clouds in beautiful blue skies and just enough breeze to keep you comfortable. Water temp our first dive was a little cooler than we expected, 78 by our gauge. Hope the weather holds for both our trips!

Lisa

Lisa...Thanks enjoy your diving and be safe. Glad to hear the conditions are as hoped. I'm in count down mode now. Gear in good shape. Profiles calculated. Tick Tock. :)

The Cliff this morning then just finished Oil Slick then Bari's. Water temp 80 at those two sites.

Sounds like the water's warming up a little bit from a few weeks ago. How was the vis and current at Bari now? Wish I was back there. Enjoy your diving.

boat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom