Bonaire Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two checked, one each.

Ok one bag would change things for me as well... my gf and I each check two: bag one is dive gear, bag two is clothing and overflow from bag one!

Although her clothing bag could probably hold all my dive gear and enough clothing for a month.... :D

(no she does not read this board often!) :cool2:

My wife and I travel with 2 bags, 1 for Dive Gear and 1 for clothes. We each get 1 free checked bag on United. This year may be a problem since she is not going to Bonaire. I may have to pay for one bag?

My wife and I travel with 2 bags, 1 for Dive Gear and 1 for clothes. We each get 1 free checked bag on United. This year may be a problem since she is not going to Bonaire. I may have to pay for one bag?

United Airlines - Checked baggage service charges

Assuming a person is flying Economy cabin and no membership/status with United, then it looks like 1st bag $25 and 2nd would be another $40. Looking at the penalty for being over, seems like it's a way better plan to pay the fee on bag 2 vs being even 1lb over!

Overweight Bags
from 51.0 to 70.0 lbs (24 to 32 kg)
$200 extra per bag

If you are flying 1st Class domestic then BusinessFirst to Bonaire you get three checked bags up to 70lbs.

If you are Premier member you get free baggage based on your level of membership.

I have decided to postpone my excitement until I start packing gear. I don't want to burn out my "Yippeee" too soon. :D

I have decided to postpone my excitement until I start packing gear. I don't want to burn out my "Yippeee" too soon. :D

Good luck with that!

I have so much to do between now and then that the time should go by pretty fast, which means it probably wont.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom