Bonaire-National Park, Is it worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candyland, Taylor Maid (and north until the N/W corner) is the healthiest and most beautiful coral reef of the entire leeward side. All big corals, sweet reef! If that's not worth the track, I don't know what is. :)
Kristen, let me know when you want to go there. I will give you some extra info on that area so you can get the most out of it.

Candyland, Taylor Maid (and north until the N/W corner) is the healthiest and most beautiful coral reef of the entire leeward side. All big corals, sweet reef! If that's not worth the track, I don't know what is. :)
Kristen, let me know when you want to go there. I will give you some extra info on that area so you can get the most out of it.

Thanks Bas! We made it out to Candyland in December, but didn’t actually dive it. So, we don’t mind the drive there. We’re just not sure where exactly where the entrance to it is and were concerned about being in the wrong spot.

Kristen, good you did not go. You can't enter and exit the water just anywhere in that area. You need to use the channels to get through the fore-reef/barrier reef.

I can also explain so you can do it by yourself. It's no rocket science. You just need some pointers and so you know you're at the right spots and know what to do. But, if we go, I will make it worth your while. Make it some nice drift dives. And give you the ins and outs of some more spots in that area(Playa Kruipie, Boka Marli, Carel's Vision and Boka Dreifie) Sothat during future trips you can spend a whole day up there to get some very nice dives in.

I can also explain so you can do it by yourself. It's no rocket science. You just need some pointers and so you know you're at the right spots and know what to do. But, if we go, I will make it worth your while. Make it some nice drift dives. And give you the ins and outs of some more spots in that area(Playa Kruipie, Boka Marli, Carel's Vision and Boka Dreifie) Sothat during future trips you can spend a whole day up there to get some very nice dives in.

Let’s do it!!! Add it to our list. :)

I’d definitely be interested in hearing about some of those other sites. I’ve done a few unmarked sites on the south and think they’re almost always so much better!

can anyone do compare bonaire w egypt ?

can anyone do compare bonaire w egypt ?

This thread might be of interest: Specific questions about Bonaire

I also found a few other threads in which someone compared Bonaire with the Red Sea. But I do not think there is any agreement as to which is better. Some people prefer Bonaire because it is all shore diving.

I have been to both (5 times Bonaire, 1 time Egypt). If I lived in Europe, I would dive the Red Sea. But because I live in North America, I dive Bonaire. I suspect you have dived the Red Sea many times and are curious about Bonaire. I made the one trip to Egypt because I was curious, and the cost was low enough to be attractive. If you are curious about Bonaire, you should make a trip. Then you can report back here as to which you preferred. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom