Bonaire Restaurants?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to most, but not all, of the restaurants listed and my pick, by far, is Mona Lisa. They're not open on the weekends and you probably will need reservations, so plan ahead. It's really, really good.

If you want pizza from Pasa Bon, I suggest you call ahead and pick it up. I had the worst service of my entire life there last month. I mean, their pizza is good and all, but it's not worth waiting two hours in a mosquito cloud for, with no water, after diving all day (Be sure to take your mosquito repellent.) and then spending much effort just to pay for the pleasure.

Donna & Georgio's and It Rains Fishes are also good choices, too.

There's only I see listed that other people recommended that I didn't like: Whataburger. The three of us that ate there for lunch one day all agreed that it was bad. We all ate hamburgers and none of us could finish them. Might have just been an off day. I don't know. But, you have so many good choices, so why bother?

We just got back from Bonaire last night, there's a lot of good restaurants. Pasa Bon Pizza, Capriccio's for Italian food, Papaya Moon was good - I had the Grouper Fish Tacos and Sizzling Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream for dessert. The Tipsy Seagull at Plaza Resort also has good food and a great ambiance, it's right by the water. I would not recommend Pattagonia which is an Argentenian steakhouse, the food is just OK and the service was terrible, real slow. We waited at least an hour for our food. The Banana Tree restaurant at the Plaza Resort was also very good - they have all you can eat ribs daily for $19.00, I thought the prices were reasonable there. I heard that both Chibi Chibi and Calabas at Divi are both good, I did not eat there personally. Hope this helps, take care.

Chibi and Calabas are good. Cactus Blue has a nice feel to it and the food is good. But the streets are pretty tore up down that way. My wife is in a wheelchair and it was very tricky. If you have too many drinks you could easily wind up in a ditch. There's a little Peruvian place right off the square which is good as well. I'd avoid the chinese place downtown. Weirdest looking eggrolls I ever saw and very salty. Not wrapped that I could see. Looked like big deep fried hunks of something.

Try La Guernica downtown, it was great. The paella was one of the best I've had.

Stay away from The Reef at Den Laman. Some of the worst food I've been served!

Bongos at Eden Beach makes a great burger and a bargain seafood linguine. Plus I love the bar staff. :D

This is a side note but...if you are in the mood for a wonderful milkshake drive the southern road to Rincon. Stop by Le Ma Se (a roadside cafe of sorts) and say hello to Norman. He'll make you a milkshake and entertain you with stories while you sit on the patio.

Donna y Giorgio's and cappricio are my best ... pizza at Donna is just fantastic !

If you want pizza from Pasa Bon, I suggest you call ahead and pick it up. I had the worst service of my entire life there last month. I mean, their pizza is good and all, but it's not worth waiting two hours in a mosquito cloud for, with no water, after diving all day (Be sure to take your mosquito repellent.) and then spending much effort just to pay for the pleasure.

QUOTE]

That was pretty much our experience last summer, as well. Plus a supersize helping of attitude from the owner. We like pizza, but not THAT much.

We just came back a week ago. We loved Warung Louise - get one of the rijstafel meals - lots of small dishes - a good sampler and very good. We stayed at the Divi and had lunch at Chibi Chib a couple of times for the convenience - it was OK. Donna and Giorgio's was pretty good. El Fogon Latino was excellent. The Lion's Den at Buddy's was fairly good. Bistro de Paris was very good. Had lunch one day at Plazita Limona, a Peruvian place in town. The ceviche was excellent, but the one waiter was overwhelmed. He tried, but the service was slow and spotty.

Mona Lisa is a must do on every trip for us. Do make reservations. Lots of good food for the $$. Nice wine selection. I'm always surprised it is not mentioned more.
Cactus Blue - great appetizers & more casual dining. BIG frozen drinks! Nights with Moogie anywhere are a blast.
Our last trip Buddy's ran a Dive & Dine - I think Wed nights - the dine part was a pretty good deal - US $10 for house salad, rice & either 1/2 bbq chicken or shrimp skewers. This was a much better option than the all-u-can-eat buffet they also did...
Anyone still making goat milk ice cream on island??? I also second the trying out the locals establishments.

I'm really sorry to hear this. I went there twice during my January trip and had the complete opposite experience. The owner was very pleasant as was the other staff. Water was present and plentiful. We didn't wait long and there were no mosquitoes to speak of. Not to mention the pizza was fantastic!

Maybe it was an off night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom