Bonne Terre Mine Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubachris743

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone. Im driving up to Missouri today to do some diving at the Bonne Terre mines tomorrow. Just seeing if anyone is going as well or if anyone has dove there before. Ill be doing a total of 3 dives Saturday.

Bonne_Terre_Mine_%282582925018%29.jpg

I have a friend who loves the mine. The water is on the cooler side and the hike is a ways in, while wearing your gear. But he said it is worth it.

So how was it? I've been meaning to get down there for quite a while now.

It was a great weekend. Awesome diving and very knowledgable staff. Did trails 1-4 and will be doing 5-8 next time. Here's a little I made. You can't have your own light so I tried staying with the lead diver and use his. Enjoy :)

Very cool, thanks for the video. It's on my list to dive. A couple of questions if you don't mind:

1) What exposure suit did you wear (and was it sufficient)?

2) I've read in other posts that you can't have your own light on the first dive but thereafter you can. So was trails 1-4 a single dive or has the rule changed (or the previous poster was incorrect)?

Thanks for the video, looks great! Also interested in what you had for exposure protection.

The surface temp was 61F and at depth(55 feet) the average was 59F. I wore my farmers johns wetsuit which is a 7mm. Along with my hood and 3mm gloves. Some were in drysuits including the staff. Not needed but was probably really comfortable. I was told no lights and no cameras with flash. Which is why I stayed up front to work off the leads light.

Back
Top Bottom