Bonne Terre Mine, MO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pete v:
in this thread i wrote earlier about the rumers with coustermer service, it sounds like that some people have had great experences and others did not, and the opions do vary quiet a bit on this site, i will have to try it and see for myself. thnaks for the info

Let's put it this way. I've been defending them against obvious slander in this thread. But I do think the CS is less than perfect. There is a term that was blocked from SB a good while back so I can't use it. But lets just say I would consider then dive "germans from a major war a good while back".

I personally, prefer a less hands on approach. I like to do my own dives, not be subjected to a bunch of rules. Still the rules there are designed to make an environment that is not a rec dive, safe for rec divers.

Yes they are rigid in their rules, yes they are expensive, yes you should try it and decide for yourself if you want to go back. Everyone who is even close should try it at least onece.

James

Diving the mine is different. I think it’s one of those places that one either likes it or doesn’t. There seems to be not much middle ground on that.

It isn't an "explore it yourself" kind of dive by any stretch. But it is different. While I agree that it's a little pricy, I'll still go back for more dives.

Like any business who is dealing with the public, they won't be able to make everyone happy. Our dive club goes to Bonne Terre every year, according to the ones who go, they've always had good experience. I did too.

I was pleasantly surprised at the level of customer service the people who work at the mine gave. Everyone was pleasant and wanted our visit to be a safe, positive one.

I'd like to personally thank 3 people who work there.
1. Brandon (safety diver)
2. Mark (Red) (trail leader)
3. The woman who's going to take the Bar exam in August.
All three are really nice people.

James Goddard:
Let's put it this way. I've been defending them against obvious slander in this thread. But I do think the CS is less than perfect. There is a term that was blocked from SB a good while back so I can't use it. But lets just say I would consider then dive "germans from a major war a good while back".

I personally, prefer a less hands on approach. I like to do my own dives, not be subjected to a bunch of rules. Still the rules there are designed to make an environment that is not a rec dive, safe for rec divers.

Yes they are rigid in their rules, yes they are expensive, yes you should try it and decide for yourself if you want to go back. Everyone who is even close should try it at least onece.

James

Who is "AL" over there? Is he a shop monkey? I think Doug is the owner?

Randy43068:
Diving the mine is different. I think it’s one of those places that one either likes it or doesn’t. There seems to be not much middle ground on that.

It isn't an "explore it yourself" kind of dive by any stretch. But it is different. While I agree that it's a little pricy, I'll still go back for more dives.

Like any business who is dealing with the public, they won't be able to make everyone happy. Our dive club goes to Bonne Terre every year, according to the ones who go, they've always had good experience. I did too.

I was pleasantly surprised at the level of customer service the people who work at the mine gave. Everyone was pleasant and wanted our visit to be a safe, positive one.

I'd like to personally thank 3 people who work there.
1. Brandon (safety diver)
2. Mark (Red) (trail leader)
3. The woman who's going to take the Bar exam in August.
All three are really nice people.

I contacted BTM and talked with "AL" for Dogs day's reservation. So, I am wondering if you have any idea about "AL."

Randy43068:

If he is 80 years old he could be AL80.

hoosier:
I contacted BTM and talked with "AL" for Dogs day's reservation. So, I am wondering if you have any idea about "AL."

How did the DUI demo go? Are you not the owner of a new drysuit??

Al is one of the guides there. Most of the time when diving, he is in a verticle position. Put him in the ocean, and he would be a coral combine. He tried to impress me with the fact he had 1700 PSI left in his tank after a 44 minute dive. He was diving a ST121. I was diving an AL80, and had 1300 left. I wasnt very impressed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom