Bonne Terre Mine, MO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't believe this thing is still going. In looking back at some of the posts, it really boils down to who you are going to believe, people that dive in the local area frequently or someone that has no known dive history in the area and doesn't even take the time to complete their profile?

Myself, I started diving in the MO area in March last year and had over 100 dives by the end of the year, thanks mostly due to theskull. Those who know me will admit that I stick to what I say, if there is diveable water in it, I'll dive it, up to my training.

I have not done any diving at BT simply because I don't feel I need to spend the extra $$ to do so, plus I am not going to spend that $$ just to find out my knees (already known to be bad) will not handle the hike.

I'm very impressed with James' responses for keeping his cool while answering accusations from someone who shows nothing to back up their statements.

Big Blue, I really wish that you could keep your story straight. First you tell us that you dove the mine once and only once. Then you tell us ten times, only because you lived close. Then in your last post you said you had already posted to James' question about working for them. Sorry dude but you hadn't.
I also notice that each time I/we blow one of your information sources out of the water your focus changes. It went from DAN to the local tv, newpapers and public officials now it is the state. What is next the president of the US or the FBI?
I am sure that Doug is smuggling something in the mine. Or better yet, I bet he is growing something under those plant lights that he has down there on the walking trails. SO what is it Big Blue? Is it pot, poppies so he can harvest them. I know, I bet Doug is running a underwater meth house, yes that is it. The anhydrous is hosed in underwater and by cooking it underwater the odor is avoided so the officials never know. YES, THAT'S IT!!

crpntr133:
Big Blue, I really wish that you could keep your story straight. First you tell us that you dove the mine once and only once. Then you tell us ten times, only because you lived close. Then in your last post you said you had already posted to James' question about working for them. Sorry dude but you hadn't.
I also notice that each time I/we blow one of your information sources out of the water your focus changes. It went from DAN to the local tv, newpapers and public officials now it is the state. What is next the president of the US or the FBI?
I am sure that Doug is smuggling something in the mine. Or better yet, I bet he is growing something under those plant lights that he has down there on the walking trails. SO what is it Big Blue? Is it pot, poppies so he can harvest them. I know, I bet Doug is running a underwater meth house, yes that is it. The anhydrous is hosed in underwater and by cooking it underwater the odor is avoided so the officials never know. YES, THAT'S IT!!
:rofl:

Why don't you post the proof through a link to it?

The data is likely available at DAN if recent. You could also get a copy for officials in MO, take a picture and post that with appropriate seals and signatures.

Why should we believe someone who hasn't posted their real identity? My guess is you are full of it with an axe to grind.

I can tell you there was one fatality there in the past year or so. It was an instructor IIRC. I'm sure there is a post on this board refering to the accident.

Until then, grow up.

bigblue63304:
As I said before I have never worked for them, through them, or around them. So I could never had been terminated by them. It only takes a few minutes to go through the public records. There all available to the public, even for the ones that don't want to look at them. I believe if you call the state me office, they will even mail you requested material at no charge.

Wow, all of this so "easy" to find stuff is a pain in the *** to find. I've looked 3 times now, and I can't find anything on anyone dying in Bonne Terre mine except here on Scuba Board. Well, there was the guy who died after an explosion in the mine . . . damn, I bet it was the meth lab exploding LOL. The only reason I haven't been is b/c I don't have my dry suit yet, and it costs too damn much!

Oh, sorry about the curse words in that last post, I was just really frustrated trying to find all of this "public" info. I guess it has a lot to do with supply and demand. If they weren't making money hand over fist, they would lower their prices for more divers. They must be doing fine, b/c I haven't seen them advertising any specials.

I think that it is time for me to get into this debate again. To begin with, I have never been in Bonne Terre, yet. I have never talked with James Goddard and Bigblue63304, but I can’t deny that I have read many James' posts and seen his picture:D That’s all. So, I can say that I am objective in this matter rather than anyone else.

James Goddard:
You ask me to do the impossible, prove a negative. You can't do that. James

If then, I can’t ask you to do. But, as I mentioned, I see you as the more active diver who is sit in the public position of the social forum. Maybe, I might misunderstand and except too much.:confused1 Nothing personal though......

Bigblue63304,

I am very careful to judge and criticize someone or something because it must be based on the fact, not on the personal emotion or story. That’s the way I have been educated and trained so far. I don't care who you are and what kind of previous experinces you had in MO if it is an informative one. As long as you DID NOT provide any references to support your statement, as you see in my previous post, I asked the further investigation about any public records. But, it so happened.

Thanks to my job position, I can access to almost all U.S. public records, even to many foreign countries' records. I completed the research about the accidents involved in the Scuba diving in MO for last 15 years. I found out several accident reports from the public sources. But, only one accident in Bonne Terre has been reported in 1992 except the recent one. (Please see the attachment). For your references, I also included all diving related reports in MO state. The research include all legal case studies, public records, court orders, and news paper articles in the regional, state, and national levels.

Please let me know if I miss the something here. Otherwise, you waste my valuable time, specially in the darn nice weather. :m16: I am not a cheap guy in terms of $$ per hour. You still have a chance to back up your argument by replying my post. I am sure that many Mid-West divers are looking forward to seeing your reply.

Thanks,

Hoosier

P.S. I plan to get in wet there this month......... In addition, please excuse the copyright law in the attachment.

Is it enough for me to say that I have been told from a staff member at BTM, that an instructor did indeed die there? Yes, he was on a rebreather. That is why rebreathers are not allowed there.

I have been there twice. I have come back twice. Everyone one I dove with has come back. In this lawsuit happy world, I would think if that many people had died there, the place would have been shut down long ago.

diverbob:
Is it enough for me to say that I have been told from a staff member at BTM, that an instructor did indeed die there? Yes, he was on a rebreather. That is why rebreathers are not allowed there.

Actually I talked to Doug when I was looking for a shop to get my DM with. I ultimatly decided on another shop but in the conversation I got the impression that he is planning on allowing rebreater diviers in the future, but he wants to get some rebreater guides to be able to increase the safety margin. Not speaking for Doug, this is just the impression I got.

James

This post was kinda cheap... for me, anyway. :)

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

Randy

P.S. I'm going diving the mine this coming weekend and will let you know how it went and my overall impression of the operation. By the way, I'm very cheap! Just ask anyone who knows me! :wink:

hoosier:
I think that it is time for me to get into this debate again. To begin with, I have never been in Bonne Terre, yet. I have never talked with James Goddard and Bigblue63304, but I can’t deny that I have read many James' posts and seen his picture:D That’s all. So, I can say that I am objective in this matter rather than anyone else.

If then, I can’t ask you to do. But, as I mentioned, I see you as the more active diver who is sit in the public position of the social forum. Maybe, I might misunderstand and except too much.:confused1 Nothing personal though......

Bigblue63304,

I am very careful to judge and criticize someone or something because it must be based on the fact, not on the personal emotion or story. That’s the way I have been educated and trained so far. I don't care who you are and what kind of previous experinces you had in MO if it is an informative one. As long as you DID NOT provide any references to support your statement, as you see in my previous post, I asked the further investigation about any public records. But, it so happened.

Thanks to my job position, I can access to almost all U.S. public records, even to many foreign countries' records. I completed the research about the accidents involved in the Scuba diving in MO for last 15 years. I found out several accident reports from the public sources. But, only one accident in Bonne Terre has been reported in 1992 except the recent one. (Please see the attachment). For your references, I also included all diving related reports in MO state. The research include all legal case studies, public records, court orders, and news paper articles in the regional, state, and national levels.

Please let me know if I miss the something here. Otherwise, you waste my valuable time, specially in the darn nice weather. :m16: I am not a cheap guy in terms of $$ per hour. You still have a chance to back up your argument by replying my post. I am sure that many Mid-West divers are looking forward to seeing your reply.

Thanks,

Hoosier

P.S. I plan to get in wet there this month......... In addition, please excuse the copyright law in the attachment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom