Bonne Terre Mine questions!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did a story there a couple years ago for Scuba Diving Magazine. Here is a link to some photos.

It's a super cool place to dive. It's dark, pretty cold and a lot of fun.

Those are great pics! Thanks for the link! Now it's triple bucket listed!:D

I guess that's kind of like the opposite of double secret probation.:confused:

What provisions do they allow for some safety concerns, such as reading your tank gauge in the dark?

Does anyone know what the managements reasoning would be for not being allowing you to carry your own light? I have heard that there is underwater lighting down there. Is that true also?

There is a LOT of light down there. It's like a gazillian watts or something.

Communications between the leader and safety divers is critical especially during counts. Extraneous lights inhibit clear communications and also ruin the ambiance of the chamber. Many of the treks are truly spiritual in nature.

"They" check your gas pressure? Really?

They make sure that YOU check your gas pressure.

It's an amazing place, and people can get easily distracted by the magic of it all.

I will be down there Thanksgiving weekend....If I remember when I get back I'll respond.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom