Book not listed here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cocoajoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looked thu this forum but I didn't see anything mentioned about this book. Has anyone read The Complete Diver: The History, Science and Practice of Scuba Diving by Alex Brylske? If so, what do you think?
Pretty ($30) pricey so I thought I would ask.

Alex is the editor of Dive Training magazine. He has put excerpts from the book in the magazine as articles.

Pricy indeed, and not much meat. I read all the excerpts (each one a full chapter) in Dive Training and thought them superficial for anyone beyond fresh OW cert's. For someone with more than a minimal number of dives it's pretty lame. Just my opinion, which is probably worth what it costs. To learn something, I'd be more inclined to order training manuals about the subject from SDI/TDI (I'm familiar with these) or some other agency, and read them. Unless you need the cert that's probably all you need.

jm & Kharon, yeah Dive Training is where I read about it & excerpts but I couldn't tell if it was worth it or not.

Funny you should mention that. I looked at the book a week ago and was able to look inside a few pages using amazon's portal. I remember thinking that it covered everything from soup to nuts and like the Platte
River its contents are "a mile wide and an inch deep". As I have not been a big fan of Dive Training magazine, I figured I would pass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom